Grants Management Coordinator
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grants Management Coordinator will support the Head of Programmes in building and administering the country program’s portfolio of multiple grants across all locations in which DRC operates. The Coordinator will assist in securing new funds by coordinating and/or leading proposal development processes and ensuring high-quality and timely donor reporting. The Coordinator provides expert advisory services and will have oversight of the DRCs Grant Management Minimum Standards function by working closely with the programme team and providing technical advice to all team members on donor rules and regulations to ensure all programs are compliant. The Grants Management Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Programme Managers/Coordinators, Program Sector Leads, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team, Finance, and Headquarters staff as well as externally with donors and DRC programme partners.
• Technical Support / Adviser
• Provides expert advisory services for the specialized area of grants management and donor compliance with a significant impact on the organization as a whole.
• The GM Coordinator will work across multiple sectors/disciplines/geographic areas within the organization to contribute to organizational goals.
• Act as focal point for the Grants Management DRC Dynamics system and train relevant staff on the grants management module.
• Participates in Grants Management reference groups either at global or regional level within the areas of Grants Management to develop new standards and innovative solutions.
• Programme Development and Coordination
• Act as the lead writer/coordinator/editor for concept notes and proposals, as needed. These will be designed in collaboration with the program development team, Head of Programme, Area managers, technical advisors, Regional Office and Head Quarter colleagues, ensuring that DRC’s programme handbook guidelines are incorporated into proposal design.
• Ensure communication between all departments (finance, program, and operations) in drafting of budgets.
• Contribute to the development of strong data collection and monitoring & evaluation plans within each proposal, including well-designed log-frames and indicators.
• Maintain up-to-date information on donor priorities and funding opportunities.
• Assist senior management in developing the humanitarian country program strategy and coordinating the delivery of assistance.
• Research, Analysis and Capacity Building
• Assist the MEAL department in conducting needs assessments and background research to guide DRC programming.
• Map donors and projects in Tanzania and Burundi relevant to DRC’s focus sectors.
• Conduct visits to field locations as possible/needed.
• Undertake training for programme and operation staff on grants management and processes to enhance quality within DRC programming. This will include quality reporting and project cycle management. Also provide one-on-one support in report writing, proposal development, indicator tracking, DRC-specific tools, and other topics, as needed.
• Supervise the organization of grant start-up, quarterly and closure review meetings to ensure donor compliance, operation/program integration, logistics support, etc. in the multiple DRC office locations.
• Manage and supervise internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements.
• Supervise the maintenance of the grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring. Maintain grants and sub-grant management system, including grant files, project and financial reporting documentation, and monitoring systems and tools to ensure grant compliance.
• Assist senior management in donor liaison and communication. Represent DRC in other external meetings with stakeholders and coordination meetings
• Essential Experience
• 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably with INGOs in field locations
• Previous experience working on reports, proposals and sub-grants, and with UN, US and EU donors
• Master’s degree in international relief and development, social sciences, public health, statistics/research methods or related relevant field
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to analyse budgets for compliance with donor budget guidelines.
• Excellent French and English writing skills
• Familiarity with Programme Cycle Management, LFA
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Preferred Experience:
• Previous role as a grants manager in an INGO
• Experience working in the East Africa and Great Lakes region
• Experience working with Economic Recovery and/or Protection programming is an added advantage
• Experience working with local partners
• Proven interest in capacity building of colleagues
• Competency profile
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
• Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
• Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
• Understands humanitarian issues in Tanzania, Burundi and the region
• Willing to travel to project sites in Tanzania and Burundi
• In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results and ensure excellence in all deliverables.
• Collaborating: You lead regional initiatives and processes by involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen to other stakeholders and staff; and you communicate concisely and persuasively.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=163926&DepartmentId=19080&MediaId=5&SkipAdvertisement=False&uiculture=en