The USAID-funded Private Sector Strengthening Activity in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Grants and Subcontracts Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Dar es Salaam.
The role of the Grants and Subcontracts Manager is to lead the implementation of the project’s Grants under Contract (GUC) and local subcontracting activities, under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and in collaboration with the technical team. The Grants and Subcontracts Manager is responsible for managing the entire GUC portfolio in compliance with Tetra Tech’s procedures and policies governing GUCs. The Grants and Subcontracts Manager will build the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management.
* Coordinate with the project team for annual planning to ensure the grant program technical objectives are clearly defined and estimated timelines for solicitations are appropriate;
* Define and administer the grant solicitation (RFAs/APSs) and selection processes in collaboration with technical staff and in accordance with Tetra Tech’s procedures and policies;
* Coordinate closely with the technical manager on technical and financial negotiations, as well as the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager on identifying MUM indicators that will be achieved;
* Assist in the development and issuance of grant solicitations, monitor the collection of grantee application, confirm receipt of applications with all applicants and review received applications against minimum screening criteria;
* Provide formal training to grantees on grants management to ensure grantees understand all USAID PSSA requirements related to their grant, including the procedures for requesting payments and reporting;
* Maintain grants records in the Tetra Tech grants management system (Salesforce) to ensure grant awards and disbursements are correctly tracked and aligned to deliverables/outputs per grants agreements;
* Conduct Pre-Award risk assessments to considered grantees;
* Reviewing various grantees accounting transaction e.g., budget, advance request, payroll, financial reports, quotation etc. to ensure correctness of disbursement and adherence to relevant grants and financial rules and regulations, administration instructions and practice;
* Facilitate and conduct pre-award due diligence requirements including the pre-award survey and cost analysis of the budget;
* Ensure that all grant files are well filled and properly documented according to the filling policy and grant documentation checklist. Maintain digital grants tracker and sub-awards management systems;
* Participates in technical and pricing evaluation review panels, prepares the evaluation summary report for execution by panel members, reviews, and recommends approval of subcontracts, participates in contract negotiations, drafts the subcontract, and shall also supervise the administration and monitoring of subcontracts;
* Drafts contract agreements and other compliance-related documents as needed, ensuring that all documents are in compliance with USAID regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements, and Tetra Tech home office procedures;
* Works closely with Tanzania PSSA technical and finance staff to make sure technical and financial attachments to all agreements are clear, concise and complete in order to ensure effective and efficient subcontract development;
* In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, ensures that contractors are providing required M&E data to program teams and the M&E unit;
* Manages RFP and bid analysis process for subcontracts;
* Extracts reports from database and writes USAID-required reports, as required.
* University degree in administration or another relevant field;
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position providing grants support to international donor-funded projects;
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc) with excellent organization skills, communication skills, and attention to detail. Patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues is essential;
* Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken;
* Tanzanian Nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.