Global Fund Coordinator
Jobs at:Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania
The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
Job Title: Global Fund Coordinator (1 Position)
Reporting to: Reports to Head – Administration and Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate all communication between the Global Fund Coordination Unit- MoHCDGEC and HIV grant implementers in the MoHCDGEC (NACP, and MSD).
• Coordinate the preparation of quarterly progress and financial reports before submission to GFCU.
• Arrange and coordinate preparations for all ad hoc HIV meetings.
• Coordinate quarterly coordination meetings with HIV grant Implementers and provide feedback to Program Manager and GFCU of the Ministry.
• If need be, represent the Program Manager externally on GF programs related matters vis-a-vis external stakeholders like LFA and GF; TNCM; MoF; and PORALG.
• Identify and coordinate the preparation of correspondence and relevant documentation required to communicate effectively with external stakeholders.
• Ensure that the Program Manager is well informed about key GF program issues between the Program and external stakeholders.
• Keep oversight of HIV GF supported programmers’ performance in terms of timely and high quality financial and progress reporting to Global Fund Coordinating Unit of the Ministry:
• Ensure that financial controls are maintained by the HIV-GF Financial Manager according to the Sub-Recipient financial management roles and responsibilities outlined in the Operations Manual for GF grants.
• Keep oversight on procurement and supplies management of items that are planned to be procured under HIV-GF grants, follow the procurement processes and alert the Program Manager on off-track procurements.
• Coordinate the NACP facilitation and participation in LFA’s verification of PUDRs.
• Coordinate the planning and preparation of new HIV-GF grants.
• Provide relevant information and otherwise facilitate the Programme Managers participation in TNCM, GF Missions, and other GF related events.
• Maintain oversight with timely progress and predicaments met by HIV- GF implementers and external agencies.
• Strengthen coordination between different implementing entities, partners and stakeholders
Job Skills: Not Specified
Experience and Qualifications
• Medical degree or a relevant health related degree, with a Master’s degree in Health-Related Fields. A Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology will be preferable.
• At least 3 years of senior-level experience in designing, implementing, and managing HIV-related projects.
• Extensive field experience including working within the Tanzania Government’s health system.
• A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision- making, and interpersonal skills.
• Significant experience of working and collaborating with all levels of Tanzanian Government within the health sector.
• Experience of working in collaboration with local and international partners.
• Demonstrate experience of managing GF or other donor-financed projects.
• Fluent in both English oral and written, as well as good communication skills.
• Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3-years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Government City Health Road
P.O Box 743, 40478 DODOMA.
• Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
• For more information kindly visit http://www.moh.go.tz