Global Communications Senior Associate
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You are passionate about giving shape to new ideas and helping them take hold and inspire action. Well-versed in both business and cultural conversations, you are also familiar with development industry media, and you are comfortable calling on connections in your network in addition to names you might not yet know. In parallel, you have a proven track record of growing social media following and spearheading initiatives that lead to greater audience engagement and overall interest, in line with organizational strategy and goals. You are a global thinker and collaborator with excellent short- and long-form writing skills, able to comfortably switch between quick, punchy posts and longer, explanatory pieces. Sound judgment, commitment, persistence, and optimism define the way you approach your work, along with a deep curiosity about what makes ideas spread. You thrive in pilot mode, with an inherent desire to prototype and iterate until an effective solution is reached.
• Serve as the main point of contact for media enquiries, and play a key role in creating media pitches and engaging journalists in the story of Dalberg’s work and initiatives.
• Create Dalberg’s social media strategy, draft and post daily updates across multiple social channels, and track social media analytics.
• Cultivate media relationships at key local, regional, international, and industry outlets.
• Provide media interview background and preparation for Dalberg spokespeople, and serve as a liaison between Dalberg and external sources.
• Design and maintain a dynamic media database that allows Dalberg to deploy its stories in an effective and efficient way across markets and geographies
• Collaborate closely with regional communications teams and offices on priority initiatives and communications needs
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• At least 6 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent as part of a global communications team
• Strong writing and editing skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye
• At least 3 years of media relations experience, including proactive pitching and story development, with exposure to media outlets across multiple global regions
• Familiarity with development media, and connections to outlets in the development space
• Demonstrated ability to grow social media following and create engaging, multi-format campaigns, with the ability to identify and reach relevant audiences in meaningful ways
• Passion for development-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics
• Professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, and maturity, with the confidence and clarity of thinking required to engage senior stakeholders
• Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies and other complex organizations
• Able to evaluate resources and balance priorities based on business needs
• Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
• Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience in both startups and larger organizations, as well as agency and in-house roles
• Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
• Foreign language skills (French and/or Spanish proficiency preferred)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4?site_id=247