Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geological Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the geology section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Senior Geologist
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety gears are available at all times
- Assist with daily field drilling logistics, team up with other geological assistants and geologist to ensure work is completed on time.
- Assist in carrying out sampling, geological measurements, sample processing, dispatch and storage of drilling samples
- Ensure the drill samples are collected in accordance with the standard operating procedures including recording of all required information, routine quality assurance, quality control practices, good sample dispatch records and reconciliation
- Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, good sample quality, good core recovery and reporting all irregularities to the management
- Ensure timely recording of geological data entry and filing system
- Ensure pre-starts checklist are conducted before the start of every shift and start of assigned task.
- Assist with daily report /log sheets submission to the supervisor and on timely manner
- Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities as per standard operating procedures
- Deliver timely peer and management feedback
- Assist all underground tasks as may be required.
- Continually improvement and ensure delivery of the results as required by the departmental target
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ordinary Secondary Education
- Certificate/Diploma in geological studies will be added as an advantage
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum 3 years working experience in mining industry in geology or exploration,
- Underground mining experience will be added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health & Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “GEOLOGICAL ASSISTANT“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com