PASS LEASING COMPANY LTD. FINANCE MANAGER
ABOUT PASS LEASING
PASS Leasing Company Limited is a financial leasing company wholly owned by Private Agricultural Sector Support (PASS) Trust. It is registered under the company’s law of Tanzania with certificate number 138835847 issued on 20th February 2019, with Headquarters in Dar Es Salaam at Kisutu Street
Patel Building fourth floor. The company is regulated by The Bank of Tanzania and has a Financial Leasing License No. FLC 004 issued on 1st March 2021.
The company was registered to address the challenge of low levels mechanization which led to low productivity in Tanzania’s agribusiness sector. PASS Leasing Company aims to demonstrate the market potential in lease financing with a view to encourage further investment in agriculture sector through provision of competitively priced and collateral free leased assets so that agricultural producers can reach their productive potential through using of innovative technology and machineries.
The main objective of PASS Leasing Company is to provide equipment and machinery through financial leasing services to the agricultural sector, which is defined to include crops farming, processing, and distribution; fishing, livestock, bee keeping and forestry through provision of competitively priced and collateral free leased assets so that producers can reach their productive potential.
To be an innovative leasing institution that improves the quality of life for Small and Medium Scale Agri-business entrepreneurs
To ensure agricultural producers reach their maximum potential through competitive price lease financing.
- To be a leader and reputable lease finance provider in the agricultural sector.
- What services does PASS Leasing Offer? Lease financing to agriculture Entrepreneurs
- Agriculture- Provide machineries and equipment for Irrigation, Farming, Agri-processing, Storage & Agri-Transport.
- Fishery- Provide fishing equipment for storage, processing, and transportation
- Bee-keeping- Provide equipment used in supporting bee keeping and honey processing value chain
- Livestock – Provide equipment for livestock farming, food processing, storage, and transportation.
- Forestry – Machineries and equipment used in planting, maintaining, harvesting, processing and transporting forest products.
PASS Leasing Company is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanian citizens to immediately fill vacant Finance Manager position. Reporting to: Managing Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance Manager will perform financial management and accounting duties, as well as overseeing the finance and accounting team. He/She will be in charge of developing strategies for development of the company’s financial health and producing financial reports as per the company financial policies and regulations manual. He/She will be guiding the Managing Director in making sound business decisions in the long, medium and short terms.
- As a finance manager you will be responsible for managing the annual budgets approved by the Board and ensure compliance with financial regulations as per BOT guidelines and other financial bodies requirements.
- The duties include financial planning, reviewing financial documents to ensure compliance and collaboration with other departments to achieve the company’s goals.
- On Accounting, you will be in-charge of accounting activities – both, financial and management accounting. You will be responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, as well as internal control duties. Specific Duties
On Financial Management functions:
Your Specific duties as a Finance Manager will include:
- Monitor day-to-day financial operations of the company
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Oversee the operations and development of the company’s finance department including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Advise colleagues and the Managing Director on decisions related to the company’s finances.
- Supervise documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Mediate between the organization, employees, stakeholders, shareholders and investors on financial issues for amicable resolution of
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Ensure Financial Returns and reports are submitted to relevant institutions as per country’s laws and regulations
On accounting, you will:
- Manage and oversee the entire accounting team.
- Conduct all necessary training to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date
- Work collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared goals.
- Coordinate the team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/business administration or any other relevant field
- Must possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Qualified accountant, registered by NBAA, ACCA or other relevant accountancy association,
- Experience in Working with a Financial leasing company or Financial Institution will be an added advantage.
- Leadership skills and experience,
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Outstanding phone and email etiquette
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to motivate the team and lead by example
How to Apply
PASS Leasing Company is an equal opportunity employer, and the position is open to all qualified candidates. Eligible candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed CV with at least three referees and copies of academic certificates before 30th April, 2022, through https://pass.or.tz/vacancies . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.