Position: Field Dispenser (6 posts)
Reports To: Field Supervisor / Study Coordinator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 23 rd, 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing, and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training, and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for qualified and experienced individuals to take the position of Field Dispenser in the ANTICOV project. The Field Dispenser will perform field activities and home follow-up of participants at areas surrounding Amana, Mwananyamala, or Temeke regional referral hospitals in Dar es Salaam.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer Investigational products to study volunteers at home.
- Conduct follow-up of participants in the community to assess their wellbeing after administration of Investigational product.
- Guide participants through the consenting process and study procedures and consent study participants.
Ensure enrolled participants return to the health facility for scheduled follow-up visits and follow-up with participants who do not return.
- Ensure study participants are reimbursed as per the protocol requirements.
- Communicate with the Field Supervisor on any issues from the field.
- Attend study field briefs and share the progress of work with the rest of the team.
- Work closely with the study clinicians at the health facilities.
- Be responsible for the study supplies and equipment while in the field.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at the scheduled meeting and active participation in all meetings.
- Adhere to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines at all times during the study.
- Assist in processing and maintaining documents and scheduling appointments.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Ordinary or Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (Form Four or Six graduate)
- Experience in collecting blood samples will be added advantage.
- Having worked in a research environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Good English and Swahili, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to write brief reports and keep records.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a team player.
- Able to ride a motorcycle.
- Adhere to Ifakara's core values (transparency, accountability, respect, integrity, and initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers, and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, September 23 rd, 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include FIELD DISPENSER – ANTICOV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]