Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Fecal Sludge Management Technical Specialist position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Technical Specialist will lead activities on FSM – sanitation systems, service delivery improvement and expansion.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
· Leading Citywide Inclusive Sanitation Service Assessments and Planning; development of town-level FSM plans/strategy roadmaps.
· Leading assessment and selection of decentralized wastewater treatment solutions (including business/management models))
· Leading/Supporting development of comprehensive business and operational plans for FSM based on feasibility assessments and business model evaluations
· Leading implementation and monitoring of decentralized wastewater treatment solutions
· Supervisory experience providing guidance on generation and use of FSM tools and databases.
· Degree in engineering, public health or other WATSAN-related fields;
· Demonstrated experience providing WASH technical input and/or advisory services related to fecal sludge management, citywide inclusive sanitation service assessment and planning, decentralized wastewater treatment technologies and systems.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing teams providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written;
· Fluency in English;
· Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/FecSMTS2
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.