Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Fabrication Workshop Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to : Engineering Superintendent
Work Schedule: Five Days (5) Days On / Two (2) Days Off
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Supervising and lead the fabrication maintenance crew as directed by the supervisor
- Maintaining, repairing mobile equipment/fixed plant and report back to foreman Mobile Maintenance.
- Ensure that all fabrication and machining works are carried out to required standards and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules based on daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
- The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
- Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost-effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safe Environment Analysis (JSEA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Welding and Fabrication certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- Valid Tanzanian driving license.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ FABRICATION WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 10 th February 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com