On behalf of our well - established client , FAVORITE HR SERVICES ( FHS ) is now looking forward to recruit
EYE HEALTH TECHNICAL OFFICER to be stationed in Dar es Salaam , Tanzania . Females are highly encouraged to apply .
Reports to Country Director
The Eye Health Technical Officer is responsible for the coordination , supervision of field operations and provision of technical support in the running of the o r ganization ' s - Eye Health Programme in Morogoro , Dodoma , Dar es Salaam and Ruvuma region . He / She will work closely with Eye Health partners ( clinics ) in the programme areas , National Regional and District eye care teams and other eye care partners through the Tanzania eye care forum .
- Master ' s degree in Public Health
- Experience with Health Management Information Systems ( HMIS )
- Experience in the field of hospital management
- MS Office ( Document Report writing , trend analysis on Excel , Training Presentations )
- More than 5 years of relevant working experience .
A . Coordination of the Eye Health programme
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of Eye Health activities in
- Tanzania W ork closely with the Partner Head of Eye Units , Project Coordinators , Regional Medical Officers ( RMO ) . Regional Eye Coordinators ( RECs ) , District Eye Coordinators ( DECs ) in the day - to - day implementation of Eye health activities in the program areas .
- Work closely together with the Country Director and Finance & Admin Officer regarding planning activities , reporting , budget and expenditure etc .
- Work closely with Inclusive Education Technical officer w ith regard to eye care-related activities in the programme areas .
B . C apacity Building towards partners
- Organize and support capacity building and technical support to Eye care partners ( clinics ) . Eye Care Coordinators at the Regional and District level in the programme areas through workshops , experience sharing , one - line meetings , training , internships etc .
- Support improvement processes regarding quality eye care .
- Organize and monitoring the training of medical and paramedical personnel .
- Organize and coordinate outreaches of ophthalmology experts
- Support coordination of technical support and supervision missions that are organized at the National , Regional and District level .
- Support the set - up of digital monitoring processes for eye clinics
- Support Eye care partners ( clinics ) and Regional and District Eye Care Coordinators in the execution and coordination of specific eye health activities : strengthening supply of eye care services , creating demand for eye care services through bridging strategies and increasing access to eye services and strengthen governance
- Support development , implementation , and review of partners ( clinics ), Regional and District eye care plans .
C . Monitoring and reporting of the programmes
- Support Monitoring , Evaluation , Learning and Accountability ( MEAL ) related activities of the Eye Care programme and implementin g p artners
- Make follow up on partners reports and overall implementation progress
- Analyze partners report
- Assure semi - annual consolidated report of the Eye Health Programme
- Assist with the financial report of the Eye Health Programme
D . General
- Participate and represent in Eye health Sector engagement activities at various levels
- D evelop networks and collaborations with various partners ( Tanzania Eye Care partners to strengthen referra ls for people with eye problems
- Support fundraising activities of Light for the World
- Carry out other activities as requested by the line manager
- Willing to work and execute field missions on regular basis
- A bility to work with partners and teams from different background .
- Strong interest and commitment to eye health . Experiences in management of eye health projects and provision of technical support to eye health teams is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written .
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria above are welcome to apply before the deadline of 20 August 2022 . Please attach a cover letter and a copy of your curriculum vitae . Only suitable candidates will be contacted
+255 710 287 676 | + 255 683 383 13 2 | + 255 767 636 872