Executive Assistant (Ref: C3HP/EA/12-21)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9, 2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as an Executive Assistant .
The Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting Chief of Party and Directors on day to day administrative activities. He or she has overall secretarial responsibilities to Chief of Party, Directors and other staff in planning, coordinating, organizing and implementing duties of programs and events. This includes developing meetings, conferences, training, etc.
- Clarifying objectives and operations of the program. This includes handling the logistics of the project, making agendas and developing materials to be used for the project.
- Acting as a liaison between project directors, coordinators, clients and staff working on the project.
- Communicating departmental strategies to staff, adhering to protocol for the transfer and dissemination of project information.
- Communicating and handling incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications on behalf of the Chief of Party.
- Working closely with the Chief of Party and Directors to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to consultants, donors and potential stakeholders.
- Planning and organizing office workflow activities and continually evaluating work procedures and methods.
- Attending important meetings on behalf of Chief of Party i.e. taking minutes, collecting information and preparing correspondence for participants;
- Coordinating and planning logistics for special events, conferences, meetings and travels of Chief of Party and Directors.
- Solving project budget issues with accounts which require performing detailed analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Social Science or relevant field
- A minimum of three year experience in the relevant field
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reports writing skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected] For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.