Location: Dar Es salaam with field visits to selected District in Mwanza, Kagera, Pwani and Morogoro
Application Deadline: 25th November 2020 (Midnight Tanzanian Time)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English & Swahili
Mukikute is a non-governmental organization (NGO) implementing community TB Care in Tanzania through empowering community affected with TB and HIV to take part in the response. The organization was officially registered in 2007, as an organisation of former TB patients organizing work for a stronger, rights-based community involvement to reduce the burden of TB and HIV. The goal of Mukikute's work is to strengthen community awareness on TB and HIV and decrease stigmatization of those living with TB and HIV, improve early case detection and assist patients in their treatment to ensure treatment completion and cure
Mukikute wish to engage an independent, external evaluator to conduct end of project assessment for its IGA Interventions. The primary objective of independent assessment will be to analyze and capture intended and unintended effects of IGA Support provided to Former TB Patients in selected Districts. The end of project evaluation will specifically document lesson learnt, determine the relevance and fulfillment of objectives, development efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of the project.
The evaluation consultant should have both personal and professional integrity and abide by the Tanzanian Ethical Guidelines to ensure that the rights of individuals and groups involved in the evaluation are respected. The evaluator must act with cultural sensitivity and pay attention to protocols, codes and recommendations that may be relevant to their interactions with members. As part of the Inception Report, the evaluator will develop one page/specific protocol for the conduct of the evaluation and data collection in line with respecting do no harm, diversity and gender equality. All data collected through the evaluation is property of Mukikute and must be provided to the organization, if requested, in a word format.
Management and Implementation Arrangements.
The External evaluation exercise will be facilitated by Mukikute Executive Director. The focal point for leading this evaluation from Mukikute will be appointed by the Director. TB Clubs and members will be engaged systematically during the evaluation process to facilitate the conduct of a transparent and participatory evaluation. Key experts and respective TB Club leaders shall be invited to the presentation of preliminary findings, and their feedback shall be incorporated into the final inception report. The inception and finals report will be finally approved by the Director of Mukikute
Duration of Assignment:
- The contract will be supervised and financed by Mukikute. Considering the ongoing activities, implementation at sub- national level, 20 days have been allocated and the evaluator must demonstrate flexibility in case there is any shifting condition.
Evaluation Consultant and required competencies.
The independent Individual Consultant is required to evaluate using the stipulated evaluation criteria. Given that subject-specific knowledge is required, the consultant would need to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and expertise in Development Programs such as Structural Interventions. Additionally, the consultant should demonstrate expertise in monitoring, evaluation, statistical analysis, and communication of data with proven experience in conducting research, evaluation and complex data gathering as well as experience working with populations in the different provinces/ districts of the country, and local governance institutions specific to pillar
The consultant should have a strong understanding of contemporary economic empowerment strategies for less developed communities. 4.The consultant must demonstrate capability to produce high quality reports in English and interact comfortably with local audiences in Swahili. In addition, the following requirements are desirable:
a. Strong networks on the ground (including at provincial and local government level) with government and civil society partners.
b. Substantive experience working on local governance mechanisms, area based planning in Tanzania contexts, will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum education of master’s degree in Social Science, Economics, Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management and/or related discipline;
- Qualifications, including specialized trainings or certifications on program evaluation and results- based management;
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and leading program evaluation on Public sector in a Health context, including on gender equality, Experience in conducting and managing evaluations of Social-economic Projects highly desirable;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of M&E methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and participatory data collection approaches;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality reports and manage diverse perspectives in communications and consultations with relevant stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team;
- Excellent written and spoken English and representational capacities;
- Fluency in national language-Swahili
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please send in your email to [email removed]
The application should contain:
- Cover letter outlining relevant experiences & explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position
- Updated CV to include qualifications/competencies and relevant past experience/Consultancy in similar projects and contact details of 3 professional referees who can certify your competencies, professionalism, quality of writing, presentation and overall suitability to this TOR.
- Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a combination of factors including cover letter, the credentials on offer and brief interview (optional) and the offer which gives the best value for money for Mukikute.
- Please note that only selected consultant will receive Full Terms of reference and will be required to develop inception report and the financial Proposal.
The assessment will use the principles outlined in the Approved Terms of Reference that will be issued to only successful applicant/consultant. To ensure accuracy and credibility of the findings, data should be triangulated as far as possible with the use of multiple primary and secondary data collection methods and sources, including but not limited to desk reviews, document analysis, key informant interviews /focus group discussions with communities and thematic experts (some could be conducted virtually subject to availability and context) and case studies. The methodology should outline the strategies to answer the evaluation criteria and key questions in the ToR, including proposed strategies to assess various aspects used to offer IGA Support to both Individual members and groups/clubs