Education Project Manager
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NRC started operations in Tanzania to support people living in Mtendeli and Nduta refugee camps close to the Burundian border. In May 2017, we expanded our operations to Nyarugusu. Since January 2020, we implement WASH, ICLA, Education, Shelter and infrastructure programmes across our camps. Education is offered in Mtendeli and Nyarugusu.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. .
About the role
• The purpose of the Project Manager is to be responsible to develop and implement the Education programme/project in Tanzania. The following is a brief description of the role.
• Develop the Education Minimum standards – technical SOPs/guidelines;
• Contribute to the development of Integrated and Education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects;
• Coordinate and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
• Develop and manage Education project budgets;
• Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects;
• Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to provide assistance;
• Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
• Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups;
• Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines;
• Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy;
• Coordinate and lead on the different Education consortium and partnerships (Norcap, Babawatoto, Right to Play);
• Develop and maintain strong coordination at the national and area level with key education actors (Save the Children, IRC, Plan International Unicef, UNHCR) to develop joint programming;
• Lead on the AEP curriculum revision;
• Develop a Youth Strategy for NRC Tanzania
Job Skills : Not Specified
As our prospective candidate, you have the following;
• Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian context;
• Experience from working in the refugee context;
• Technical Education expertise – strategy, development, coordination;
• Management experience;
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
• Knowledge of the context in Tanzania;
• Experience with curriculum revision.
Work Hours: 8 60 High School
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/job/1116/?location=Tanzania%252C+United+Republic+of&locationId=300000000311161&locationLevel=country