District TB-HIV Officers
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts below under the Council Directors.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies below.... .
JOB TITLE: DISTRICT TB-HIV OFFICERS (01)
WORKSTATION: Ilala Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC)
Duties and Responsibilities
• To support implementation, M&E and reporting of TB, TB-HIV services under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant activities.
• To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities - such as intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT- in line with national guidelines
• To provide TA to the DACC, DTLC and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB, TB-HIV services
• To support RTBHIV Manager to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in TB, TB-HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/DTLC, R/DACCs
• To support timely collection and submission of TB, TB-HIV data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems - in collaboration with the M&E team
• To support RTBHIV Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
• To support and advise the RTBHIV Manager on all TB, TB-HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RTBHIV Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements. Education, work experience and skills
• Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medicine or related field with relevant national registration
• At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
• At least 2 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of TB, TB-HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
• Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
• Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 1st February, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail [email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note: 1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.