District Data Officer
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MDH (Sub recipient) works in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) to implement the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program aimed at improving HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services and outcomes across six regions of Tanzania. Through this program MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is seeking for suitable Tanzanian candidates to fill the vacant post to lead the organization in advancing its mission and vision.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies below….. .
Position: District Data Officer
Project: AFYA KWANZA
Reports to: DISTRICT PROJECT MANAGER
District Data Officer is a key person in the district to ensure Afya Kwanza data collection, organization, reporting and use. She/he is responsible for maintaining databases in all facilities including troubleshooting challenges reported by data officers. DDOs oversees and supports data officers to undertake their routine tasks on day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Developing, modifying, and maintaining databases in the respective district.
• Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
• Ensuring the accuracy of data entry and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues.
• Designing, modifying, generating, and maintaining database reports using Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Officers.
• Training data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs.
• Training Data Supervisors to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry.
• Perform programming to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyse and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information.
• Working with Data Supervisors to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members.
• Monitor district progress on weekly basis and work with district project manager to report on weekly and monthly district performance.
• Mentor facility staff on data analysis and reporting to ensure data driven decision making.
• Developing relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management.
• Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills:
• Advanced Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
• Minimum of two years of data management and or programming
• Able to work with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
• Able to work independently and in team
• Able to generate reports from various data bases
• Experience in working in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH does not have any agents and does not charge any fees to the interested candidates. Applications should be submitted by Monday 11th January, 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni B, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.