Jobs at:Pathfinder International
Deadline of this Job:
29 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women's lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people can choose their own paths forward. Director, Finance Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania .
Shall Leads and coordinates the management and administration of the finance teams and finance activities in the countries. Ensures compliance with Pathfinder and donor regulations and policies. Leads the ongoing development and maintenance of financial systems and the coordination among the countries. Provides financial capacity building and development to the finance team members in the countries. Focuses on accounting, financial reporting, and compliance. Evaluates, develops and implements operational best practices in areas including budgeting, financial reporting, compliance, and training. Builds constructive and effective relationships with team members and stakeholders
Key Job Outcomes:
• Budgeting and Spending Plan Oversight: Lead program annual budget development process and oversees and monitors the financial review, analysis and monitoring of all monthly project spending performance for accuracy, allowability, adequate supporting documentation, proper authorization, compliance with Pathfinder and policies. Reviews budgets and modifications for cost proposals in compliance with the requirements of RFPs, RFAs or other solicitations.
• Country Office Monthly Performance Report Tracking and Analysis: Tracks key indicators and processing of monthly country office reporting, including the receipt, review, recording, reconciliation, and consolidation of all income, expenses, and balance sheet items, to ensure compliance with GAAP, Pathfinder, and donor policies. Analyzes all report findings, takes appropriate action and responsibility for resolution. Regularly reports to the CFO on findings and strategy for resolution.
• Award Administration: Reviews proposals, modifications, financial results, and disbursements of sub-awards for feasibility, cost-effectiveness, comprehensiveness, accuracy, consistency, and compliance with applicable policies. Oversees the design, implementation, management and monitoring of award and sub-award systems and workflow processes and procedures. Approves donor required invoices and financial reports in accordance with award terms and conditions. Ensures that the process to record awards, account numbers and availability of project funds is efficient and effective. Monitors the activity and analyses and directs the resolution of any findings.
• Quality Assurance and Compliance: Directs and coordinates the development and implementation of effective tools, systems, policies, and procedures that ensure consistent compliance and quality. Leads the regular and on-going quality control reviews and best practices in providing appropriate levels of control over the organization's resources. Regulates country office finance trips and conducts monitoring trips, desk audits, and spot checks to determine country office and partner compliance with applicable donor rules and regulations and Pathfinder policies and procedures. Identifies and addresses training needs.
• Annual Audit Planning: Analyzes information from the finance team members in preparation for the annual external audit and/or program specific audit. Directs and guides the field finance teams in partnering with the field on the preparation and implementation of corrective action plans as a result of internal, external or program specific audits.
• Financial Capacity Building and Development: Mentors, coaches, and trains finance staff on all Pathfinder financial policies and procedures. Provides financial management training to the countries' office management and staff to ensure sound financial operations. Provide financial and award training to local sub awardees.
• Leadership and Management: Recruits, hires, trains, develops and supervises a team of professionals working in different countries.
• Budget and Forecast Presentations: Partners with Pathfinder's senior leadership team to develop budget and forecast presentations
• Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Extensive financial and administrative experience working with US, international and/or host country non-governmental organizations. Experience strengthening the organizational capacity of host country institutions is strongly preferred;
• Extensive experience with managing financial and administrative systems and operations of development assistance programs;
• Has a solid work experience with US government financial, contractual, procurement, and administrative regulations, policies and practices, and reporting requirements;
• Demonstrated experience of financial management for projects funded USAID and other major donors including DFID, STBF, BMGF
• Commitment to enforce compliance with policies, guidelines and regulations Systems and Tools, Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting software packages. Advanced knowledge of Serenic/ Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience. Advanced knowledge of third-party software for reporting and analytics (JET).
• Training and Development: Ability to train and coach others on financial related , • Should possess financial analysis skills
• Demonstrated experience of working in a busy, high-paced environment
• Familiarity with the Government of Tanzania's laws, financial acts & policies and regulations governing finance management and compliance for non-governmental organizations
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Communication and influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management for a related field
• Minimum 8 years' experience working in administration and financial management in an international development setting, including experience in grants and contracts administration, budget reporting and monitoring, cost proposal preparation, accounting and financial analysis experience
• Holder of CPA
• Experience in financial management, budgeting and reporting of multi-million-dollar project operation funded by multiple donors
• Experience working in the non-profit sector, especially with international organization
• Fluence in English
• Prefer: Experience in the health sector
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on January 29,2021. Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.