Director, Communications - Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus Activity (PS3+)
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Job Identification: 100715
Job Category: Business Operations
Locations: Abt Associates, Dar es Salaam, TZ:
Posting Date 06/09/2021
Apply Before: 02/10/2021
Job Schedule: Full time
Abt Associates, a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in international development, seeks an communications expert to serve as Director of Communications on the USAID/Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus Activity (PS3+). PS3+ aims to institutionalize public systems for the for the Government of Tanzania (GOT) that respond to citizens' needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. The project provides technical assistance to government partners including the President's Office for Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) and line ministries in mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar to enable evidence-based, inclusive planning and management of public services; improved governance to promote citizen engagement and social accountability, and more efficient collection and use of financial resources. This large, complex, and integrated project works at all levels of government, across several sectors, including health, nutrition, social welfare, education, and agriculture.
The Director of Communications will report to the project Deputy Chief of Party and will lead a small team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Finalize an internal and external communications strategy for PS3+.
• Lead and oversee production and submission of deliverables and communications products, including but not limited to, success stories, technical briefs, videos, and major presentations for external audiences.
• Collaborate with technical team members to generate original written content for project reports, other technical deliverables, and external communication products and to storyboard content for multimedia materials produced by external firm.
• Oversee dissemination of communication products to external audiences.
• Develop protocols and mechanisms for consistent communications with key external stakeholders about project accomplishments and to respond promptly to inquiries.
• Contribute to limited technical assistance to government partners in communications, including through presentations, training, or technical reviews.
• Maintain databases of project documents, project, and media contacts in coordination with technical teams.
• Liaise with USAD/Tanzania's Development Outreach and Communication team to agree on communication products that PS3+ will be responsible for
• Support editing of key project documents and deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred in relevant field (journalism, communications, public relations, marketing).
• Minimum 10 years of work experience, including at least two years in international development. Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred Strong
• English written and verbal communication skills, including writing and editing.
• Fluency in Swahili required. Demonstrated experience in communications or public relations, including identifying compelling stories, connecting with diverse audiences, distilling technical language into user-friendly formats, collaborating with production teams, and adhering to deadlines and short turn-around times.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills.
Bachelor's Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master's Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD + Seven years of relevant experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/100715?utm_medium=jobshare