Deputy Chief of Party Operations (DCOPO)
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deputy Chief of Party Operations (DCOPO) will serve as the overall in-charge of finance, procurement, administration, human resource information technology functions.
Key Responsibilities Finance responsibilities:
• Prepare the project budget in line with the project proposed activities in the annual work plan of YES Activity
• Ensure compliance to the funding protocols as per the funding agreement
• Ensure timely addressing all budgetary issues raised by Agreement Officer
• Review and update internal control, to make it capable to mitigate financial and operational risks
• Prepare and submit timely, the quarterly financial reports and annual final financial report to the funder
• Prepare the pine line analysis, and spending forecast to ensure the project is maintaining sufficient cash to fund the approved program activities
• Report quarterly to the donor VAT, claimed and paid back to the project by the government
• Ensure the annual Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) audit is being done each year for the prime recipient, and all sub awardees receiving funding of USD 750,000 or more
• Respond and address budgetary restrictions placed by the Agreement Officer timely.
• Procurement responsibilities:
• Ensure running transparent procurement for the items listed and approved in the budget
• Seek funder’s prior approval for all capital expenditure items in the budge, it happened they are restricted.
• Ensure competitive procurement process and value for money for all items procured
• Put in place strong supply chain systems, that includes, receiving of inventory, recording, storage, issues, and transportation to intended users without leakage
• Ensure all funded assets and equipment are labelled, well maintained and used for the program purpose.
• Work closely with the program team to ensure the planned activities that requires admin support are served.
• Human resources responsibilities:
• Put in place open and transparent recruitment process to attract competent skills, and provide equal opportunities for all who fulfil job requirements to participate in the recruitment process(interviews)
• Ensure the project is staffed with right candidates to the right positions
• Manage staff skills matrix to address project needs and results
• Create good working conditions for all project staff, and provide working tools needed and good working atmosphere.
• Ensure staff full coverage in all technical areas of the program
• Ensure targeted oriented performance appraisal processes in line with measurable achievements.
• Information technology responsibilities:
• Ensure the project has strong management information systems at both level of software and hardware
• Put in place strong security system to protect program data
• Develop and put in place the strong communication systems ie internet, Zoom, et
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related filed
• Certified Public Accountant
• At least ten years of experience in accounting and financial management on donor funded- Projects.
• Previous work experience in managing and leading USAID-funded programs at senior level capacities
• Knowledge of USG cost Principles, USAID rules and regulations;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project start-up activities in Tanzania
• Knowledge with SAGE Accounting package will be of added advantage
• Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, sub awardees and other stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written skills with fluency in Swahili and English.
• Must be a citizen of Tanzania
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email protected] ) by 23rd March, 2022 with a position tittle as a subject line, for example ‘’Deputy Chief of Party Operations (DCOPO) YES Activity’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.