Deputy Chief of Party
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management. .
• Oversees all the programmatic and technical aspects of the project and is responsible for coordinating technical teams by providing strategic guidance, technical oversight, backstopping, and quality assurance;
• Together, with the Chief of Party, manages the day-to-day project activities to guarantee effective implementation and timely completion of all project objectives; and fulfills COP’s duties in his/her absence;
• Supports the COP to manage relationships with USAID, other donor and implementing partners, and government and other local counterparts to streamline project efforts for a coordinated and integrated approach to achieve project results;
• Establishes technical frameworks and helps shape approaches across the project to ensure quality and successful delivery of project results;
• Works in tandem with the technical team leads ensure a tight technically integrated approach across the project;
• Contributes to strategic planning on alignment and harmonization of resources;
• Conducts active networking and engagement among various sectors to sustain program success, including private sector;
• Establishes quality control standards in-line with the country and USAID standards.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, or other relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working in international health, public health, or health policy.
• Experience working for large donor funded development programs; knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements strongly preferred.
• At least five years’ experience working on donor-funded projects in management level positions, preferably on multi-year health-related projects.
• Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs.
• Strong leadership, program, organizational management, and oral and written communication skills.Must be fluent in English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/8676?c=palladium