Position Description: The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) provides technical oversight of design and delivery of inclusive, high quality services for target populations, including case management and referrals for clinical and health services, psycho-social an protection support, and household economic strengthening. The DCOP will work closely with program staff to achieve targets, coordinate with all project partners, ad ensure production of all required activity reports and monitoring data for timely decision-making. The DCOP must be able to fill the role of acting COP as needed, and also be able to work closely with local government authorities to close the service and protection loop for vulnerable children and youth.
• 10 years’ experience in managing and leading multi-faceted health, HIV, and/or OVC-related programing, with at least 5 years at senior management and supervisory level
• At least 5 years’ experience with implementing, coordinating, and leading technical interventions for PEPFAR funded projects preferred
• Demonstrated track record of collaborative leadership, program implementation, and problem-solving, with evidence of skill in liaising with the Tanzanian government and donors
• Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, management, or related fields
• Experience guiding and coordinating financial teams to develop and track budgets for complex financial and grants management activities
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Self-starting, team player committed to participatory and inclusive approaches