Data Use & eHealth Specialist
Jobs at:University of Maryland Baltimore
Deadline of this Job:
08 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, systems development & strengthening, and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania UMB works through its affiliate, Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) a nonprofit organization, works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC).
MGIT conducts activities in Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Simiyu, Shinyanga, Mwanza, Mara, Kigoma, Kagera, Tanga and Coast MGIT receives funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to provide Targeted Technical Assistance to Local Clinical Partners (LCIP) and Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) for Implementation of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Support programs in the United Republic of Tanzania.
MGIT is looking for a qualified and dynamic e-Health Specialist to provide informatics and electronic health systems expertise to the health management information system components under the REACH project.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting: eHealth Systems Development Manager .
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Support all reporting and data transformation into use from project, RHMTs and Implementing Partners.
• Support the interpretation of data and information being generated and be used to enhance decision making at all levels.
• Support operational research activities at the project level with the support from the Strategic Information Director
• Provide inputs and technical support in design and deployment of project e-health tools
• Provide mentor-ship to National HIS and Implementing Partners in all eHealth activities
• Apply technical skills, standards and innovation to carry out project activities
• Solve complex technical problems that arise throughout the project using creative and results- oriented outside the box thinking.
• Any other duty as you may be assigned by the team lead
Skills and Knowledge
• 3+ years of applicable work experience in Software design and coding familiar with health management information systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Software Engineering or Information Technology
• Experience in real time applications and at least one of the following areas:
• Familiar with data import / export to / from various software or database formats.
• Knowledge and experience of data informed decision making
• Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
• Excellent time management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent and experienced in data manipulations and visualizations
Qualified candidates should have experience working with more than 75% of the following areas with mandatory in Item i through iv.
Experience Working in
• Managing user requirements and provide needs assessments related to Project Information Systems or Information Technology (IS or IT);
• Ability to work in database management system like MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL and SQLite
• Data warehouse, manipulation and Analysis for decision making;
• Data Quality Assurance and Quality Improvements and standards;
• Experience in Health Management Information Systems PEPFAR Monitoring Indicators
• Development of user manuals and training for users on system use;
• Ability to work with GIS Software, Advanced MS- Excel VB.Net or any analytical software
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
Job Experience Requirements: 3+ years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae of no more than 3-pages by the 8 th April 2020 to the Human Resource & Administration Manager, at [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.