Data Officer – SSA
Jobs at:world health organization
Deadline of this Job:
12th August 20222
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Represent the country office in the respective M&E technical working groups at the ministry of health
Support the ministry in the development of M&E annual program performance reports
Share program updates regularly to technical officers
Under the supervision of strategic health information/PMO in guiding the program to achieve the set objects
Support in the development of annual and biennium plans and monitoring of implementation
Ensure the capture of all data, perform quality control and quality assurance of important variables in emergency response using the approved protocol.
• Establish data quality control procedures to facilitate the accurate entry and transfer of data into GO-DATA, DHS2, and other databases being used by MoHSS.
• Provide technical support to the team at the PHEOC and Health Information and Research Directorate and the vaccination data management.
• Update dashboard indicators daily and other key data elements
• Conduct training and supervision, including coaching to personnel involved in data management to build capacity at the national and sub-national level to improve data quality and reporting
• Provide robust and timely epidemiological data analysis to continuously inform risk assessment and support the response's operational decision-making.
• Assist with producing daily situational reports and weekly epidemiological reports for related health conditions and disseminate to the next level.
• Support the synthesis and verification of data collected and produced by different data collection methods within the COVID-19 response.
• Support the production and harmonization of data management tools, standards, and methodologies for quality data collection, analysis, and synthesis.
• Support activities to disseminate health data and information for the application of knowledge.
• Perform other tasks as delegated by the Supervisor
The mission of WHO Health Emergencies Programme is to support the Ministry of Health on data management of COVID-19 program including the use of the GO- DATA platform, HIV, Hepatitis, EMTCT, STI against a set of indicators in order to provide technical inputs for informed decision-making. in the overall data management
2. Specific Requirements
• Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
• Desirable: Working knowledge of Swahili, Knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset.
• Essential: University degree in statistics, informatics (in health), environmental health, public health, epidemiology, health information systems, or other related disciplines from an accredited/ recognized institute
• Desirable: Master’s degree in a related discipline as well as complementary disciplines including Health Informatics, Biostatistics, Health Information Systems, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant qualification. for
• Essential: Have at least five (5) years of experience in data management, information management (or related field), monitoring, needs assessment, project management, data management, and information dissemination in the public health sector or health development sector, at the national level, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context in technical positions. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships. Experience with the compilation and analysis of large datasets from multiple sources.
• Desirable: Good knowledge of the public health program or epidemiology, and emergency response work.
Skills and Competencies
• The incumbent should be able to demonstrate an understanding of web-based or applications and computer-based applications for data management such as Go-Data and DHIS 2; Limitations of data from various sources, information systems, and approaches to data quality analysis; Review of data quality, in particular, the health data system and approaches to improve data quality; Analysis and synthesis of health data and interpretation and reporting of results through a high level of analytical skills; Advanced ability to design, manage, analyze and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications, and databases, web-based tools; Processes and mechanisms for effective dissemination of health and decision-making (Go.Data, Microsoft Excel, CSPro application, Table and STATA, R, EpiInfo, PowerBI, Arc-GIS).
• The ability to influence decisions and policies will be an advantage.
Competencies for the required assignment:
Knowing and managing yourself
Communicate in a credible and effective way
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
• Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) and at least one local language
• Strong analytic skills
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills
• Interpersonal skills and teamwork
• Computer and management of data and information
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
CLICK HERE TO APPLY