Jobs at:World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The objective of the post is to operate WHO data management and M&E activities and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the Country to: Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the health emergency information and Risk Assessment Monitor achievement of recommended performance indicators for EWARS and IDSR highlighted in the EWARS Guidelines and Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy. Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program
Description of Duties
• Manage the incident databases (cases and contacts) including content, structure, file location, backupsystem. Collect, collate, manage and analyse data from all partners; aggregate the relevant health related information such as mortality and morbidity, location of hospitals, primary health care units, other health care facilities, etc. and transform it into narrative text, maps and graphics to enable strategic planning and decision-making.
• Aggregate and maintain information from technical teams, field offices and partners including contact lists, event specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, current status), health indicator data, health situation data, health response data, etc.
• Develop tools to harmonize data collection and processes across WCO and field offices to facilitate consolidation of information.
• Respond to specific information requests from the technical teams and partners;
• ensure dissemination of information and knowledge sharing with all partners.
• Provide country-specific and aggregate intercountry information to the relevant WCO websites, manage email boxes and share points, as required.
• Provide technical expertise during interagency initiatives, related to information and data management, seeking to improve information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to intersectoral dashboards and reports.
• Verify data quality (completeness, timeliness), identify gaps in health information management, recommend corrective actions and prepare relevant documents to include in project proposals, internal and external situation reports (SitReps), bulletins, health risk assessments, health needs overviews (HNO), and strategic response plans (SRP), etc.
• Participate in any other activity that may be required in connection with the incident data management and perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
• First university degree in information or data management, computer sciences, statistics, applied math or public health, complemented by training in databases development and/or management from an accredited/recognized institute
• Post graduate degree in public health, qualitative surveillance or statistics.
• Essential: At least two (2) years’ relevant experience in data and/or information management, including experience in emergency operations or humanitarian context.
• Prior emergency disaster and health outbreak response or humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO/UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information management and monitoring systems as related to emergency response and relief operations.
• Proven skills in the field of statistical data collection, assessment, analysis and monitoring in a public health context.
• Advance ability to design, manage, analyse and coordinate complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2206782&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi