Jobs at:Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with financial support from CDC/PEPFAR is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
National Aids Control Program (NACP)
Job Title: Data Manager (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head Strategic Information Unit – NACP.
Duties and Responsibilities
: • Manage data for Monitoring and evaluation of Care and Treatment Programs including development, maintenance and updating of database.
• Develop and regularly update data management plan for NACP care and treatment programs.
• Facilitate collection of quality data from various sources through appropriate training of responsible personnel.
• Carry out supportive supervision to the sites using appropriate tools.
• Use filled data collection forms received from the sites and supervision reports to identify training needs and organize focused training for the field data handling personnel.
• Supervise data entry activities. The Data Manager will monitor quality and quantities of data entered during a specified period and advice NACP on data entry needs.
• Coordinate a process of development, maintenance and updating of appropriate program monitoring software/database.
• Collaborate with technical partners to link various Monitoring and Evaluation software and database.
• Facilitate data use at care and treatment facilities through training of personnel on data collection and simple data analysis.
• Carry out regular data analysis to produce statistical summaries that will update NACP on the progress in the implementation.
• Provide regular feedback to care and treatment personnel at the implementing facilities as well as district and regional authorities.
• Conduct and coordinate meetings for databases testing team to all stakeholders, assist with statistical analysis to all level in the country, and be responsible for producing routine program reports and conduct data quality assessment in the regions.
Experience and Qualifications
: • Degree in Statistics or Information Technology or any other related degree
• Postgraduate Degree in Health Monitoring and Evaluation or Public health or information technology is an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
• Three years working experience in data management.
• Strong communication including proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages and computer skills.
• Age limit: 50 years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of engagement: 7 months contract - renewable (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any;
• The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for;
• Your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees;
• Every applicant MUST apply for only one position. Failure to do so the applicant will be automatically disqualified;
• All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry through Postal Office before 03:30pm on 04th February, 2021 and channelled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (Health), Government City Mtumba,
P. O. Box 743,
Note that: • Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful;
• For more information kindly visit: www.moh.go.tz