REPORTS TO: Strategic Information and CQI Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT : 1 year (renewable)
Location: Mbeya HQ, with frequent travel
The DDIU advisor must have the ability to communicate to various audience using analytic abilities, project management skills, and technical knowledge. S/he will be required to travel in across the country on occasional bases to support partners in data management issues. The Advisor will report to the SI director. This position will be based in Mbeya HQ Office, however the person will serve both Southern Highland and TPDF programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DDIU Advisor will be required to work together with SI team and other program staff in Southern Highlands region to:
- Provide technical knowledge in translating program needs into data visualization in collaboration with technical staff to ensure data accessibility and use.
- Lead development of analytics to inform monthly technical data review meetings in collaboration with technical staff
- Perform knowledge transfer around using data visualizations to Organization technical staff, RHMT, CHMT and Local Implementing Partners using IMPACT, DATIM, and DHIS2.
- Perform data review and verification of all external presentations through triangulation of various data sources such as IMPACT, DATIM, DHIS2, & CTC2 database.
- Liaise with HMIS Advisor to:
- Develop, manage and implement the project’s Data Management systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to PEPFAR requirements.
- Develops/adapts tools for data collection; designs and implements surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Provides monitoring data regularly that strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the WRP-T management team;
- Enters and submits all training data into TRAINSMART Database
- Troubleshoots data submission errors and data error issues
- Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance to Partners regarding database administration
- To ensure the data quality control through a data validation plan, data queries, programming consistency checks and data cleaning as well as through coding and harmonizing of information
- Perform any other duty as you may be assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required educational qualification/ Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Health Informatics with good programming skills. Masters Degree in Data Management or Public Health Informatics will be of added advantage.
• A minimum of three years ’ experience at a similar position
Technical Skill Requirements
• Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and database administration.
• Technical knowledge of data management policies and procedures
• Expertise in DHIS2, DATIM, IMPACT, CTC2 database, pharmacy module, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and others.
• Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
• Excellent data management and data visualizations skills
• Ability to analyse, model and interpret data for decision making through advanced computerized models to extract the data needed for program improvement.
• Competent in the use of Statistical Analysis Packages (SAS, STATA, SPSS, EPI Info) and other analytical software (GIS and Tableau).
Personal Skill Requirements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to resolve problems and identify appropriate solutions to improve data management and use.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Swahili.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and flexibility in problem solving
- Ability to think strategically and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects, schedules, and deliverables
The Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) Advisor is responsible for the design and implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation system. S/he provides support to M&E department in developing/adjusting internal systems to collect and analyze the data used to measure the program’s key performance indicators to improve quality and efficiency of data systems and program performance. S/he will be responsible for developing Organization databases to cover program’s data need. The employee performs a variety of technical and computer support functions to Medical and Outreach partners in Southern Highlands. This position will also ensure ongoing technical support and capacity building of program staff to increase data use. Additional duties to include development of dynamic visualization of Organization data as requested by both internal and external stakeholder and coordination with program staff and partners to assess performance, historical trends and identify programmatic gaps.