Jobs at:University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
Deadline of this Job:
15 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) – Tanzania
Dar es Salaam,
Human Resources & Administration Manager, Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation -Tanzania Country Office UMB is advertising for the position of ECHO Coordinator to support its Project ECHO central coordination role in the country, as well as support in the implementation of the HIV ECHO clinic.
Coordinates and facilitates information flow between the ECHO hubs scattered throughout the country and the UMB ECHO team and supervises and provides Technical Assistance to HIV ECHO zonal coordinators. Develops, plans, implements, and documents training for ECHO initiatives Ensures compliance with training requirements set forth by government and institutional entities. Provides and/or coordinates training throughout the zonal hubs to ensure compliance. .
• Assist in the production and distribution of ECHO session course materials and schedules
• Facilitate the delivery of clinical/training content using a designated communication vehicle
• Coordinate training for SMEs and spoke participants.
• Assist with the development of clinical and curriculum brochures
• Assist with the development and preparation of marketing and promotional plans and/or materials, as appropriate to the program
• Serve as liaison between hub teams and national ECHO coordinator
• Coordinate instructional course activities, which may include the logistics for distance delivery technologies
• Train hub teams on iECHO data entry
• Supervise and examine data entry into iECHO and analyze and use the data to improve
• Collect weekly and monthly reports from hubs and provide guidance and recommendations based on tracked indicators and outputs
• Assist hubs in data utilization to improve their HIV ECHO clinic and seek creative and innovative ways to capture and present data
• Facilitate and enhance day-to-day operating relations with hub coordinators and other stakeholders, as appropriate to the position
• Provide administrative and operational support for hub teams and spoke to participants
• Collaborate with Project ECHO team to coordinate ECHO site orientation visits and troubleshooting of technical problems
• Medically trained personnel (Registered Medical Doctor, nurse).
• A degree in Social Work, Public Health, Social Sciences, or similar field from a recognized academic institution will be an added advantage.
• Candidates should have at least three years of clinical experience.
• Experience in Project ECHO and HIV prevention and treatment initiatives is an added advantage.
• Demonstrates experience in coordinating and facilitating training and workshops.
• Must be computer literate with knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. Knowledge of any statistical data package will be an added advantage.
• Candidates must possess experience in mentoring and orienting staff.
• Candidates must have basic skills in monitoring and evaluation.
• Able to maintain utmost confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
• Able to express oneself verbally in an accurate, understandable, and succinct manner to individuals or groups.
• Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Prioritization and time management skills sufficient to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to independently work through details of a problem to reach a positive solution.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in Kiswahili and English.
• Self-motivated and a team player.
• Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae of no more than 3-pages by the 15th January 2021 to the Human Resources & Administration Manager, at [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.