Consultant – Self Help Plus Trainer
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Self-Help Plus (SH+) is WHO’s 5-session stress management course for large groups of up to 30 people. It is delivered by supervised, non-specialist facilitators who complete a short training course and use pre-recorded audio and an illustrated guide (Doing What Matters in Times of Stress) to teach stress management skills. The course is suitable for adults who experiences stress, wherever they live and whatever their circumstances. It has been shown to reduce psychological distress and prevent the onset of mental disorders. The format of SH+ makes it well-suited for use alongside other mental health interventions, as a first step in a stepped care programme, or as a community intervention delivered alongside broader community programming. This training will be conducted in Kigoma Region in Tanzania for psychologists who work in humanitarian settings with refugees, the position is open to national and international Consultants.
Scope of Work:
• The consultant should:
• Be a certified Self- Help Plus Trainer
• Train staff on Self-help plus evidence- based stress management approach for 5 days ensuring that all the content is covered.
• Demonstrate good facilitation and communication skills regarding the Self-Help Plus module
• Provide materials for the Self-Help Plus training a week in advance for photocopying and printing.
• Be available for providing supportive supervision up to 3 months post training
• IRC will take care of all expenses associated with the training including training materials, accommodation, and flights.
• Conduct a pre and post test on the training to evaluate knowledge gained
• Provide a full training package on Self- help plus
• Provide a report within 2 weeks after the training noting areas of strength, weakness and suggestions on supervision
• Send the presentations a week before to the hiring manger
• Have a ToT Certificate on Self help Plus from an accredited institution
• Have a background in counselling, psychology or social work
• Have good communication and facilitation skills
• Fluency in English is a must
• Must have tested negative for COVID-19 and adhere to the Tanzania COVID-19 Guideline protocols
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27638?c=rescue