FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential university or technical school diploma: essential construction or engineering related studies.
- Essential previous experience in construction (minimum two years).
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
- Panning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to construction and rehabilitation according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure that construction works meet the needs of MSF programmes.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, Stress and time management.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Main Responsibilities :
- In collaboration with the Logistics Team Leader and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing all the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the project, including its budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programmes. This includes the following:
- Planning construction/rehabilitation projects to be performed in the project, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects are met and are in compliance with the local construction habits.
- Coordinating purchase orders related to the work activity and checking the materials in stock and warehouse inventory control.
- Participating in the preparation of budgets associated to construction/rehabilitation projects, preparing invoices for payment of the works and anticipating the cash flow required for monthly payments.
- Providing safety equipment for people who work in construction so as to ensure that all workers comply with safety standards.
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Following up and reporting on the works’ progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Report, etc.).
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – APPLICATION
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 4 PM on 14/12/2020
Only applications in English or French will be considered .
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.