The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mbeya within the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital Compound. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, NCDs as well as other diseases of public health importance.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mbeya is looking for the qualified, experienced and well- motivated personnel to fill the following vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
Candidate shall be responsible in studying an organization’s current computer systems and procedures and design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. Analyze, design and implement Information Systems for the Institution/Centre.
The Computer Programmer will report and work under the Head of ICT Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. To collect information, analyze and evaluate existing/proposed systems;
ii. To assist in planning, designing , installing and developing new computer systems;
iii. To plan and design work processes or flows;
iv. To research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade of computer systems;
v. To interact with internal users and staff to learn and document requirements that are then used to produce user requirements documents for development of new system;
vi. To write technical requirements for the system development;
vii. To interact with designers to understand software limitations;
viii. To perform system testing and designing of system components and development of new system;
ix. To supervise junior staff; and
x. To perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
• A holder of first degree in computer Science with GPA of upper second or above from a recognized institution;
• A minimum of three years working experience in the same field;
• Java or SQL certification will be an advantage;
• Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting with high level of integrity;
• Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
• Good analytical skills and ability to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
• Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
• A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
• The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
One-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mbeya, Mbeya City.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance (see the date above) of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
The Centre Director,
NIMR – Mbeya Medical Research Centre,
P.O. Box 2410, Mbeya, Tanzania.