Comic Relief Programme Coordinator
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The Tuwekeze Pamoja Programme Coordinator will provide support for the daily activities in Mbozi under the direction of the CR Programme Manager. In addition, the Technical Coordinator will be in charge of ensuring technical quality in the different program interventions, working closely with the Education Specialist in Dar es Salaam. He/she will be responsible raising quality/ technical issues in existing programming to the PM and the Education Specialist, coaching programme officers from both SCI and the partner, ADP Mbozi, to use and follow technical guidance, and support the writing and roll out of new technical guidance or curriculums, as needed. The Senior Tuwekeze Pamoja Programme Coordinator will form part of the Mbozi programme team and be a member of the Save the Children in Tanzania Programme Team. .
Key Areas of Accountability
• Ensure that the programme approaches, objectives and goals are well understood and implemented accordingly by the partner and that project information is accurately and promptly communicated to partners.
• Provide technical support to the partner organisation in developing budgets and action plans to effectively implement proposed project activities, together with the PM
• Coordinate and conduct trainings with partners, others stakeholders and children on various aspects of the programme under direction of the Programme Manager and as may be desired to implement the programme in the most effective way.
• Support the partner organisation to gather and analyse data for project monitoring and evaluation as stipulated in the project MEAL plan, together with the MEAL Coordinator
• Facilitate regular joint field visits as part of backstopping to partners to assist in implementing agreed work plans.
• Strengthen communication and collaboration with Local Government Agencies (LGA) at all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the programme.
• Under the direction of the Comic Relief/ Tuwekeze Pamoja Programme Manager provide management oversight of the implementation of the Tuwekeze Pamoja programme in Mbozi, especially focusing on improving quality of interventions
• Liaise closely with the CR PM for contextual Mbozi level input to the overall management of the programme and with the various TS for technical guidance.
• Contribute to the development of detailed implementation plans, procurement plans and phased financial forecasts in collaboration with the CR PM and CR Programme Officers.
• Ensure that all planned activities in Mbozi and related expenditures are on track with recorded DIP in strict compliance with the agreed budget lines and Save the Children’s financial regulations and reviewed on a monthly basis during Award Review Meetings, under the supervision of the PM. Raise up any concerns to the CR PM as they arise.
• Contribute to program reporting as relevant
• Provide supportive supervision to Programme Officers both within SCI and our partner, ADP Mbozi.
• Review and be familiar with all technical guidance, ensuring that implementing teams follow the guidance and reporting any issues or concerns to the PM and TS, as appropriate
• Supporting with the writing, revision, and eventual roll out of new technical pieces, such as teacher professional development modules, or updates to parenting curriculums, posters, to be sent to the TS and PM for final approval prior to implementation
• Be responsible for supporting the TS in Training of Trainers (ToT) to program staff, where appropriate.
• Provides ongoing advice, technical support, and capacity building to program officers to enable them to full their roles in implementing the program at community and school level.
• Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated in collaboration with SC sector teams to strengthen programming and impact for children
• In collaboration with the line manager and the MEAL Coordinator, ensure implementation of a strong MEAL system for the Tuwekeze Pamoja programme in location (MEAL plans, indicators, performance tracking tables, monitoring tools, benchmarks etc.)
• Participate in the development of process, output and outcome level Quality Benchmarks and regularly review progress on indicators/achievement of targets (LFA).
• Discuss monitoring findings for the Tuwekeze Pamoja programme in location during programme coordination/review meetings and advise CR PM and colleagues accordingly to highlight key project strengths and areas of improvement, and recommend learning from monitoring reports for project planning and implementation.
• Provide programmatic inputs for the development of the ToRs of evaluations/baseline and end line studies as required and with location specific information.
• Review accountability to beneficiaries’ data and reports and provide comments and recommendations upwards to Line Manager and Mbozi level colleagues for programme development, planning, improvement and implementation.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Education, Social Sciences, International development or business administration.
• 3 - 5 years of relevant area work experience or equivalent.
• Expertise in the thematic area of Early Childhood Development- both in community and school level interventions, will be necessary for this position
• Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency and partner coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
• Strong demonstrable skills and experience in programme coordination, monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Proven leadership skills – previous experience of line managing staff.
• High level report writing skills in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please read the full details of the position at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en# and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.