Clinical Advisor – HIV Prevention and treatment (9 Positions)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Pwani , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide technical support to health care providers (HCPs) on provision of high-quality client centered, multidisciplinary family-focused HIV prevention, and treatment at services at supported facilities in Shinyanga, Kigoma and Pwani regions. This entails targeted HIV testing services, optimized Provider Initiated testing and Counseling (PITC), same day enrollment into antiretroviral treatment (ART) of newly identified PLHIV, effective adherence and retention strategies and minimizing lost to follow up (LTFU), TB integration, opportunistic infection
prevention, and ensuring viral load suppression. S/He will work with the PMTCT/Pediatrics field officers and community services team to ensure that HCPs, expert clients and community volunteers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage infants, children and adolescents living with HIV according to national and international standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To conduct supportive supervision, on job training, continuous medical education and training to HCPs and supportive cadres on client centered comprehensive HIV services towards epidemic
• Under leadership of District Managers support HFs in the assigned districts to implement program activities that meet targets on HIV prevention, treatment, adherence and retention to ART, TB/HIV collaborative activities, HTS, PMTCT, Laboratory, CECAP and GBV; (also DREAMS in Shinyanga and VMMC in Shinyanga and Kigoma regions).
• Support health providers and community teams to implement evidence-based innovations to retain key and vulnerable populations living with HIV identified in community settings
• Ensure PLHIV efficient HVL and TB samples transported and results documentation for proper HIV viral load monitoring.
• Facilitate pediatric optimization for pediatric clients on ART in the assigned
• To ensure QI initiatives are implemented in all supported HFs in the
• Ensure availability of national HIV prevention and treatment guidelines and tools at supported sites.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
• Medical Doctor (or equivalent) form recognized Post graduate training will be an added advantage.
• At least two years’ experience in donor funded HIV program implementation
• Familiarity with national, regional and district level health care programs in
• Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication
• Excellent computer skills especially on Ms Word, power point
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected]