Chief of Party, PMI Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity
Jobs at:Population Services International
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The COP should have significant leadership and management experience; a demonstrated track record in successfully managing government, donor and malaria community relations; a commitment to capacity building; and experience successfully conducting and implementing USAID-funded projects of similar size and scope. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the activity produces the results specified in annual work plans, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The COP will act as the main point of contact with USAID and other stakeholders involved in program implementation. The COP will also ensure that the program is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with USAID/PMI, the United Republic of Tanzania, and key malaria stakeholders. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Roles and Duties
• Lead the implementation and monitoring of the PMI Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance Activity.
• Oversee a management team in the main project office, as well as key teams across other regions in Tanzania.
• Lead internal and external program planning, communication, and reporting with sub-partners.
• Build relationships and capacity among partners.
• Provide overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with donors, implementing partners, and Tanzanian government entities.
• Serve as the focal point for engaging in dialogue with the Government of Tanzania central and decentralized levels in conjunction with donors on key issues relevant to the Activity.
• Serve as main point of contact/representative of the project to USAID/PMI.
• Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID/PMI resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID/PMI standards.
• Ensure high-quality periodic reporting in line with USAID/PMI requirements.
• Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Business Administration, international development or related field.
• At least 10 years of progressively increased experience managing public health programs (preferably malaria) in sub-Saharan Africa or other resource-limited settings.
• Proven leadership experience galvanizing government support and buy-in and working collaboratively with high-level stakeholders.
• Demonstrated management and supervisory capability in leading large teams & projects of similar scope, including financial and human resource management skills.
• Recognized expertise in malaria prevention and treatment at community and facility levels.
• Working knowledge of and experience with USG funded activity management, policies and procedures.
• References will be required.
• What would get us excited?
• The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; and proven ability to produce results.
• Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, donors, other USAID projects, ideally in Tanzania, local organizations and partners.
• Experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
• Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop and manage staff.
• Ability to manage all donor required programmatic and financial reporting requirements, including sub-grant management.
• Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
• Outstanding English and Kiswahili-language skills, both spoken and written.
• Prior work experience in Tanzania/East Africa a plus.
• Demonstrated technical expertise in malaria case management
• Excellent management skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link [email protected]