REPSSI (Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) is the leading African psychosocial support organisation. REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. REPSSI has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in Tanzania.
REPSSI seeks to appoint an experienced and vibrant Chief of Party for a prospective youth empowerment and skills development project in Tanzania. You will provide vision, leadership and overall management of a large-scale project targeting youth empowerment, livelihoods and participation. This position is contingent upon REPSSI Tanzania securing funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Your strategic leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance REPSSI’s position as a leading organization in integrated, client-centered HIV programming.
- As a senior leader you will guide senior technical staff and ensure the responsiveness and quality of work, along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results. You will have authority within the project team for decisions related to technical, management, and resource allocation and personnel issues.
- In carrying out these responsibilities you will work in partnership with donor representatives and national and local government agencies and officials, national and community-level civil society organizations, project partners, and project staff.
Essential Skills and Personality Traits
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in Social Sciences, Development Management or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of senior level management and technical experience preferably in a USAID funded project.
- A demonstrable track record working with projects targeting youth and familiarity with government programs targeting youth.
- Must have managed a project involving a consortia of partners at senior level and able to network appropriately.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in USG grant management, rules and compliance requirements.
- Track record of relationship building with government actors, donors and development partners.
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of REPSSI partnership strategy a plus.
- Ability to represent and present at high levels.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
This is a 4 -year contract position subject to availability of donor funding and good performance. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. REPSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
How to apply
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, your recent pay history, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications to [email protected]