Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has strategically selected Amref Tz as its sub grantee under its recently awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis (CH3P-HIV&TB) -Northern Activity. Under C3HP, EGPAF and its partners offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and family planning (FP) services across each continuum of care. Under the C3HP, Amref Tz brings its deep expertise on strategic community engagement for improved health outcomes, and will work to ensure community services are reaching target populations, specifically women and girls, children, young people, and other vulnerable groups. The C3HP-HIV&TB Northern will be implemented for five years (2021 – 2026) in five regions including Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Singida and Dodoma regions. The C3HP team will collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Districts Local Governments’ Authorities to ensure increased demand for and use of quality HIV, TB, and FP services, leading to improved health outcomes. With this, Amref Tz is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: C3HP Project Accountant (1 post)
Reports to: Senior Program accountant
Location: Dar es Salaam (Amref Health Africa Office)
Job Summary :
The Project Accountant will be responsible to provide financial management of C3HP Northern Project. He/she will provide administrative, financial, technical assistance, support, and review of all financial documents. He/She will provide the Amref Senior Program accountant with accurate financial information and ensures consistent billing and prepare reliable financial reports.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible in the preparation of all financial reports required by C3HP Prime recipient and ensure timely submission of financial reports. To USAID/Tanzania and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely financial data posting and validation daily to facilitate monthly and annual closure of the account
- Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures, and standards, including keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices, and ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
- Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement, travel requests, and other financial demand) and data are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported.
- Manage banking, accounts, and balances effectively and efficiently, including undertaking monthly bank reconciliations and cash flow management in a timely manner.
- Support management of donor funding and disbursements; and ensure acknowledgment of receipts and financial reporting is accurate, professional, and timely.
- Contribute to annual and or quarterly budget development and reporting for C3HP Northern Project.
- Ensure C3HP Northern project is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation, returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
- Review financial statements and reports of partner organizations and grantees as required.
- Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis.
- Undertake periodic checks of assets and prepare reports on the same for management.
- Prepare high-quality financial reports including financial accountability statements (FAS) in a timely basis.
- Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit.
- Maintain well organized physical and electronic archive of financial documentation
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting, and/or Business Administration.
- Possession of accounting professional qualifications such as CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USAID/USG.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost principle.
- Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Advanced proficiency in managing general ledgers, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Exceptional ability to prepare project budgets, financial forecasts, and tax reports.
- Extensive experience in project invoicing and billing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software programs
- Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and client services.
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: j [email protected]
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.