Jobs at:CBM Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About CBM Tanzania
CBM Tanzania also known as Christoffel Blindenmission – Christian Blind Mission / Chama cha Christopher cha Kusaidia Vipofu (T), is an International Non-Governmental organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are amongst the leading organization in promoting and fostering inclusive development worldwide
CBM has more than 100 years’ history worldwide and its vision is to have an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. For details refer to www.cbm.org .
The purpose of the Board
• Being a Board member offers individuals an opportunity to help CBM Tanzania shape its’ contribution to improve the lives of people with disabilities in Tanzania.
• Board members have a shared responsibility for directing the management of the CBM Tanzania and for using their personal skills and experience to ensure that the organization is well operated and efficient, solvent, delivers upon its' vision, and complies with all legal and regulatory requirements stipulated by Tanzania’s laws.
• Board members shall offer strategic guidance, expertise and advice to help ensure CBM Tanzania achieves the purpose for which it has been set up for inclusive development initiatives in Tanzania.
• The Board Members shall support the strategic development and financial planning of the organization and ensure CBM Tanzania continues to grow as a leader in the field of inclusive development and provide appropriate governance and oversight for the smooth running of the organization.
Recruitment of Board Members
• The Board of CBM Tanzania is seeking to recruit Board members with experience in Legal and Regulatory, Governance, Disability Inclusion and Fundraising.
• The Board roles are voluntary and are unpaid positions.
• Board members are expected to participate in the life of the Organization namely board meetings, advising the management team and acting in an ambassadorial role for CBM Tanzania.
Serving as a Board member is an opportunity to use networks and resources you have in building communities and transforming lives of people with disabilities. We expect that successful candidates will bring a range of skills and technical experience essential for CBM Tanzania’s operations.
General Eligibility Criteria
• Commitment to support the vision and objectives of CBM in Tanzania;
• Willingness and readiness to act in an ambassadorial role for the Organization;
• Ability to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member
• Willingness to support philanthropy work and volunteer time, knowledge and skills towards advancement of the organization’s mission;
• Personal drive and motivation to contribute towards humanity, especially improving quality of life for the marginalized populations in particular the people with disabilities.
• Community and Social development experience with a vision that aligns with that of CBM Tanzania
• Personal values that align with CBM Tanzania’s code of conduct
• Strategist and visionary member with long term strategic perspectives
• Collaborative and ability to operate as a team player, strong people management skills offering both support and challenge to other Board members
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated experience in Governance and leadership, corporate and non-for profit sectors with more than 10 years of experience.
• Professional background in the areas of disability inclusion, health, business administration, finance, international development, legal and regulatory frameworks, fundraising et.
• Board level experience, ideally with International Development Organizations (INGOs).
• Hands-on experience in advocacy and policy influencing; lobbying, business etc.
• Working knowledge in the non-for profit, private sector, Government, media and communication.
• Ability to understand and interrogate management reports (financial and programmatic); Strategic planning, analytical and risk management skills.
• Board members meet once a year during the Annual General Meeting.
• Board ajira members appointed as Board of Directors will be required to attend at least 4 meetings in a year on quarterly basis each lasting 2-3 hours.
• Serve a maximum of three (3) years’ consecutive term with flexibility of renewing the terms according to the needs of the Board at the time;
• Occasionally, the board member will be requested to join field visits for projects depending on funding availability;
• Attendance in relevant functions and sector networking events;
• Attending board training/strategy workshops on occasional basis. As a result of training and meetings there may be papers to prepare and present at the relevant board meetings.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please email your motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 7th August 2020 to [email protected] Prospective board members who best meet our requirements will be invited to speak to our existing Board Members in August 2020. We understand that this date may not be convenient, and we will therefore do our best to make alternative arrangements for those who are not available on that day.