MUKIKUTE is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) implementing Community Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Programs in Tanzania. The Organisation is looking for interested candidates to fill in the position of Biomedical Officer
Job Title: Biomedical Officer
**Reports to:**Project Coordinator
Supervision: Clinical Team and providers
Duty station: Mukikute Kigamboni Field Office and Mukikute Head office
Opportunity : 1 Position
Providing technical support and oversight to the implementation of community based activities for KVP and AGYW in the region, including the provision of biomedical services at community level, i.e. community-based HIV testing and counseling (CBHTC), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), linkage to care, family planning (FP), services for gender-based violence (GBV) victims, and sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening. Also overseeing and coordinating activities to reduce KVP and AGYW vulnerability and address structural drivers and contextual factors that place these groups at risk. Working closely with Districts Health Team Management to build their capacity to provide these services; and developing and maintaining relationships with regional GoT counterparts, service providers and other implementing partners in the Districts. Additionally, ensuring that activities in the Districts are implemented in line with GoT, USAID/PEPFAR and EpiC guidelines and standards.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of comprehensive strategies for reaching KVP and AGYW and generating demand for services, including peer navigation, strategic behaviour change communication and other effective strategies for reaching vulnerable groups.
- Work closely with Health care workers to develop capacity to conduct outreach to KVP, strengthen demand generation and service provision for these groups; build capacity to improve their ability to identify and engage KVP through the application of EpiC tools and strategies.
- Monitor Health care workers performance against workplans and targets, provide on-site and remote technical assistance.
- Liaise with service providers to monitor community based HTS and other services.
- Liaise with regional GoT counterparts including District Health Management Teams, service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW
Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.
Experience implementing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.
Experience in technical capacity building of local CSOs, especially those working with KVP and AGYW.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
Well-developed computer skills.
Mode of Application
For all interested candidates send your achievements focused CV and copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Director, Mukikute, via the following
email account: [email removed]
The deadline for application: is on 28th September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mukikute is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity
Mukikute Organisation is looking for interested candidates to fill in the position of Biomedical Officer