Assistant Technician (Geographical Information System)
Jobs at:Musoma Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/17 22nd January, 2021
On behalf of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
Musoma Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA) is a public Authority established and operates in accordance with the Waterworks (Cap.272) and Water Supply and Sanitation Act, 2019. The Authority’s major roles are provision of Water Supply and Sanitation Services in Musoma Municipality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To participate in creating map layout, view and generate MUWASA’s current and planned pipe layout and meter mapping;;
• To carry out survey and create MUWASA map by using relevant GIS software;
• To assist in capturing, analysis and conversion of GIS data in different formats using GPS, Electronic Data Recorders, Digitizers and other means;
• To carry out cataloguing and inventory of GIS Data;
• To input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backup and troubleshooting data issues and also maintaining linkages to other databases;
• To assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the MUWASA’s GIS;
• To assist in managing the integrity and security of geospatial database to ensure the requirement of client continue to be made;
• To assist in training staff in the use of geospatial system and promote its application;
• To compile reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources; and
• To carry out other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV Certificate with passes in science subjects and trade test grade/vocational level II or III in Geographical Information System or any other related qualification. Knowledge of modern cartographic standards and principles and Proficiency in design software including AutoCAD and ArcView is essential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION: Attractive remuneration package in accordance to institution's salary scale.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; • All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Page 15 of 15 Buildings - Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 4th February, 2021.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT