Assistant Technician (Auto Mechanic)
Jobs at:Musoma Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/17 22nd January, 2021
On behalf of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
Musoma Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (MUWASA)
Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA) is a public Authority established and operates in accordance with the Waterworks (Cap.272) and Water Supply and Sanitation Act, 2019. The Authority’s major roles are provision of Water Supply and Sanitation Services in Musoma Municipality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: • To inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately;
• To inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
• To conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity;
• To schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use;
• To repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks);
• To provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job;
• To keep logs on work and issues;
• To maintain equipment and tools in good condition; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV Certificate with passes in science subjects and trade test grade/vocational level II or III in Motor Vehicle Mechanics.
Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles and working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION: Attractive remuneration package in accordance to institution's salary scale.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; • All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Page 15 of 15 Buildings - Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 4th February, 2021.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT