Nonprofit, and NGO
Actions for Development Programmes (ADP)
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Friday, October 01, 2021
, Base Salary:
Assistant Program Manager -1 Position
Position: Assistant Program Manager
Report to: Program Manager
Line Manage: ESLOs, CMOs, HHOs, MEO, DREAMS Officer,
To assist the program manager in providing an overall leadership and management of ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation in Mbeya CC, Mbalari &Kyela DCs and ensures efficient and effective linkages, collaboration, and networking with respective Local Government Authorities.
Location: Mbeya City Council.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
• Oversee project budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel request, staffs’ liquidation, reviews and approve all project expenses.
• Play a leadership role responsible and accountable for timely, quality project implementation across Mbeya CC, Kyela and Mbalari DCs.
• Work in collaboration with DSWO, DMO, DACC, CHACC In Mbeya CC,Kyela DC and Mbalari DC and Pact technical coordinators at cluster level to ensure high quality project activities delivery.
• Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission of narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual) to Program Manager.
• Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
• In collaboration with organization management, mentors project staff (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, DREAMSS Officer etc.) as appropriate in project management, organizational development, and community development issues in respective District councils.
• In collaboration with Program Manager supports performance of project staffs (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, DREAMSS Officer etc.) by proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive, and honest feedback, and coaching and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports.
• In collaboration with Program Manager ensure Project staff of Mbeya CC, Kyela DC and Mbalari DC are supported to deliver quality results in all project implementation activities.
• Performs other related tasks as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development, Community Development, or relevant degree.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Previous experience managing staff.
• Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, or Child protection.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Understanding of OVC issues and child protection.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Interested applicant should send the application letter, curriculum vitae (CV), academic transcripts, and three referees to:
Deadline: 15/10/2021 before close of office business. 15.30 hours.
BACKGROUND: Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria,…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 04 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 21-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Technical Director [ Type:…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 23 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 09-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Strategic Data Use Lead,…
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has…