Jobs at:Sokoine University of Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Morogoro , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) and Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill seven (7) vacant posts mentioned below;- .
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE (SUA)
Sokoine University of Agriculture was first established on the 1st July, 1984 by Parliamentary Act No. 14 of 1984 through the amendment of Parliamentary Act No 6 of the same year. Following repealing of the Act, the university is now operating through the Sokoine University of Agriculture Charter, 2007 through the broad framework of the Universities Act, 2005.
The history of Sokoine University of Agriculture dates back to 1965 when it started as an Agricultural College offering diploma training in the discipline of agriculture. After the dissolution of the University of East Africa and the consequent establishment of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in July 1970, the College was transformed into a Faculty of Agriculture of University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) and thereby started offering Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
. In 1974, the Division of Forestry was established and hence the faculty was named Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry. The introduction of Bachelor of Veterinary Science in 1976 and the establishment of the Division of Veterinary Science, the Faculty was re-named “Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences”. The Faculty was on the 1st of July 1984 transformed, through Parliamentary Act No. 6 of 1984, into a full-fledged University and became known as Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA).
The university was named Sokoine University of Agriculture in honor of then Prime Minister of Tanzania Edward Moringe Sokoine who died on 1984.
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY PARASITOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
POSITION: Assistant Lecturer- 1 POST
DISCIPLINE OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
DUTY STATION: MOROGORO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist in preparations of Samples/Specimens for laboratory use;
• To make necessary preparations to facilitate conducts of laboratory tests;
• To maintain cleanliness in the Laboratory including cleaning of equipment and glassware;
• To assist in carrying out routine/specialized tests;
• To assist in carrying out specified tasks connected with laboratory analysis, consultancy and services;
• To collect and take care of equipment involved in teaching;
• To assist in collecting and preparing laboratory teaching materials;
• To assist in preparing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing quality system of laboratory equipment and reagents; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Microbiology or equivalent qualifications with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5.0 and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Technology or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.8 or an average of B+ for unclassified degrees such as that of medical graduates.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 2320, Jengo la Utumishi Chuo Kikuu Dodoma & Eneo la Asha Rose Migiro,Dodoma;
• Deadline for application is 6th January, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT