Jobs at:Muhimbili University Of Health And Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/17 22nd January, 2021
On behalf of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
Muhimbili University Of Health And Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) started as the Dar-es- Salaam Medical School in 1963. The School transformed into the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Dar-es-Salaam in 1968. The Faculty was merged with the Muhimbili hospital, to create the Muhimbili Medical Centre (MMC) in 1977. After separation with Muhimbili Hospital, the Faculty of Medicine was upgraded in 1991 through Parliament Act. No. 9 of 1991 to become a constituent college of the University of Dar-es-Salaam known as the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS).
Over the years MUCHS made significant achievements in terms of increased students enrolment and development of several new academic programmes. The Parliament Act No. 9 of 1991 that established MUCHS was repealed in 2005 through the Universities Act Page 2 of 15 No. 7 of 2005. Subsequently, MUHAS was established in 2007 through Article 1 of the Charter of Incorporation in line with the Universities Act No 7 of 2005
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: • To assist in conducting lectures, prepare case studies, and assist in tutorials / seminars to undergraduate students and other continuing education courses;
• To work in co-operation with senior faculty members on specific projects such as research and consultancy;
• To understudy senior faculty to supervise special projects and in conducting, publishing and disseminating research results;
• To participate in training, research and consultancy;
• To mark and grade examination and tests;
• To supervise and continuously assess students during seminars, practical, field work and tutorials;
• To participate in writing of teaching manuals;
• To participate in curriculum development;
• To invigilate students during examinations;
• To attend workshops, conferences and symposia;
• To attend professional and faculty development trainings;
• To promote excellence in all service programs of the department; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Appropriate Master’s Degree with a GPA of at least 4.0 and an average of B+ grade/ or equivalent in the area of specialization. GPA of 3.8 in the first degree from a recognized reputable University.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION.
School of Public Health and Social Sciences - Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
REMUNIRATION: Salary Scale PUTS 2.1
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; • All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Page 15 of 15 Buildings - Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 4th February, 2021.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT