Assistant - Coreshed (18941)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role exists to provide labor support to the resourcing and execution team by carrying out tasks as assigned including sampling and support at site coreshed, core yard and remote coreshed for RC, DD, grab sampling and any other support activities including manual work such as core moving and sample disposals.
• At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or Certificate in Geology/mining/mineral processing from recognized institution
• A minimum of 1 year working experience on exploration or mining environment.
• Experience on geological sampling or other exploration – related fields work.
• General awareness on safety, health and environmental aspect related to exploration fields works and sampling qualities.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Comply with all HSE rules, processes and requirements.
• Prepare sampling implements, bags and labels
• Prepare drilling pad and reclamation
• Undertake sampling of soil, trench, pit, bleg RC, DD, RAB and rock samples
• Provide required assistance on Magnetic Susceptibility determination
• Provide required assistance on Specific Gravity determination
• Carry out core photographing
• Carry out sample weighing and recording
• Undertake sample sorting and storage
• Manually move core and undertake trays labeling
• Always ensure adherence to proper housekeeping rules.
• Computer skills will be an added advantage
• Physical fitness
• Good communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://www.geitamine.com/en/people//