Jobs at:JSI/EpiC Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
inSupply is searching for an Advisor, based in Dar es Salaam, with willingness to travel in the region. The candidate will play a technical, analytical and advisory role in the project’s activities, generate new business for the organization, and provide management and administrative support as required. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the Country Team Lead.
Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team oriented and who seeks robust, creative, effective solutions to problems. S/he has a strong background in supply chains and/or monitoring, learning and evaluation, an affinity for data and analytics, adaptive learning and places users at the center (human-centered design) of designed solutions. .
The Advisor will primarily, but not exclusively, be involved in implementation of the following:
• Work collaboratively with the clients, including government institutions, non-governmental organizations, donors, and others to articulate their supply chain problems, collaboratively develop solutions and approaches for their implementation, execute activities, and monitor performance.
• Implement support/learning packages to IMPACT team (data-driven, people-centered frameworks) that can serve to drive the performance improvement approach which underlies the inSupply health brand and approach in Kenya, Tanzania and other countries regionally.
• Participate in the implementation of the developmental evaluation and adaptive learning plan for the data use work-stream
• Participate in new business development opportunities which include marketing strategies to generate demand for inSupply service offering, developing content for pitches, concept notes and proposals.
• Proactively identify opportunities for relevant regional partnerships, technical assistance and funding, so as to expand the skills and capacity of the regional pool of supply chain consultants, as well as to generate demand for their services.
• Play a lead role in developing and implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches and in completing deliverables (e.g., data analysis, data use, tool development, technical reports, technical assistance reports, progress reports) as necessary in Tanzania and regionally. Monitor and ensure accountability for completion of deliverables.
• Provide mentorship and coaching of students, interns and junior staff when needed.
• Utilize a monitoring approach using existing data and processes and participate in regular data review and analysis
• Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on progress of activities for which the Advisor is responsible. This includes updating the CEO, Country team lead and any other project staff involved in the activity, writing reports, developing mechanisms for efficient but effective updates
• Serve as an activity manager for one or more activity streams, providing technical leadership and project management
• Develop SOPs, curriculum and lead and/or facilitate trainings to build capacity of others in various aspects of the supply chain
• Proactively identify opportunities to document and share processes, successes and lessons learned
• Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the broader team.
• Serve as a representative of inSupply, including participation in working groups. Give and attend debriefings and seminars as a representative; report on key information to other project staff members.
• Participate in learning and embrace growth focused goal setting, open-minded and being willing to do the hard work of real learning.
• Other duties as assigned
• Travel within Tanzania and the region to guide and support implementation of the project objectives.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Tanzanian national with fluency in English and Swahili required.
• Master’s degree and three or more years of technical experience in global health, or development.
Minimum of 5 years experience in health supply chain management and monitoring, learning and evaluation required.
• Support to family planning, Immunization programs, and expertise in data analytics, visualization, and quantification is highly desirable.
• Experience working with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MOHCDGEC) and President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) in Tanzania required.
• Experience with the international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations highly desirable.
• A proven ability to work as a part of a team but be self-managing of own time and results, and to be a proactive and clear communicator. Strong preference for a candidate able to work with diverse teams and is a team player, can take initiative, be flexible, adaptable, creative, and demonstrates technical leadership.
• Experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation and visualization of data desirable and knowledge of software computer applications to facilitate data analysis, such as SPSS, SAS, Epi Info, for quantitative data, and Maxqda2 or Nvivo for qualitative data.
• Excellent and proactive oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving).
• Ability to travel 40%-50% time, in Tanzania, regionally, and internationally.
• Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, specifically MSWord, Excel, Access, Vizio, and PowerPoint.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This is a full-time position based in Tanzania. JSI offers excellent benefits. Please submit applications (CV and cover letter) via email at [email protected] JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D