Advisor, Data Use
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project, or ACHIEVE, is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. These core partners are being supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
Purpose of Position
Palladium is seeking a Data Use Advisor, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to build capacity of government officials in data analysis and use to improve the health and well-being of children living with and affected by HIV. The OVC programs strengthen child and family resilience and contribute to the acceleration of access to HIV/AIDS treatment for children and to the prevention of HIV among adolescent girls and young women. Palladium will develop materials on data entry, data quality, and data analysis and use, and accompany government officials in delivering trainings.
Duration: February 1 – September 30, 2021
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel: 30% travel (if permitted given COVID situation) .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide capacity building to government officials and local partners around data analysis to strengthen meeting organization to ensure discussions are translated into action items for performance management.
• Implement a standardized methodology for actionable data review processes, including root cause analysis, asking the right questions to better interpret data, monitoring actions
• Mentor government officials to provide feedback on performance indicators and data quality to local partners
• Capture data use examples demonstrating how data can be used in real-time for continuous quality program improvement.
• In collaboration with the Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) M&E TWG, develop data analysis and use action plan to strengthen data use at the central, regional and district levels to ensure strong regional leadership of performance management and supportive supervision of the councils.
• Support the review and improvement of the MVC MIS data dashboards to ensure both central level stakeholders and end users can easily access priority information which is visualized effectively for decision-making.
• Develop refresher materials on data entry, data quality, and data analysis and use, based on central level priorities, targets and validated dashboards.
• Provide guidance on translating data analysis into action and how to document quality improvement efforts in data use briefs.
• Accompany regional officials in delivering trainings to the councils (including clinical partner, CHMT, DSWO, CSO program staff)
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
• Significant relevant experience advising on health management information systems
• Experience working with OVC, AGYW or HIV/AIDS programs
• Knowledge of project management principles and work with multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrated capacity for data analysis in Excel; experience with DHIS2 preferred
• Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem solving
• Ability to achieve consensus among senior stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply