Adolescent Health Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children seeks an Adolescent Health Technical Advisor for an anticipated, five-year USAID-funded project that will increase access to and use of integrated high-quality health services, including among adolescents and youth. The purpose of the project is to facilitate government leadership and enhance sustainable coordination to accelerate gains in reproductive, maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes. The Adolescent Health Advisor will play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of the project’s adolescent health strategy, activities, and approaches, in close collaboration with technical colleagues. .
Key Areas of Accountability
• Provide technical oversight to the design, implementation, and monitoring of the Project’s adolescent and youth health approaches, ensuring approaches are comprehensive, evidence-based, technically sound, and aligned with global best practices;
• In close collaboration with other Project Technical Advisors, contribute to adolescent and youth aspects of the Project’s approaches and activities;
• Lead the development of and/or update evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems to advance adolescent health aligned with MOH and Project strategies and priorities;
• Lead day-to-day implementation of the Project’s adolescent health technical strategy, working alongside Project Technical Advisors, and working in close partnership with Project partners and relevant counterparts;
• Build and maintain functional working relationships with in-country stakeholders to support dissemination of and adherence to adolescent health guidelines and standards, such as with counterparts in relevant Tanzanian ministries, departments, and agencies; public, private and informal service delivery providers; and other relevant donor-funded projects;
• Develop the technical capacity of local organizations and Project counterparts to design and deliver technically sound comprehensive adolescent health programming aligned with global best practices and that meaningfully engages adolescents and youth in design and implementation;
• Collaborate with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to proactively identify and mitigate challenges that impede implementation and uptake of adolescent health services;
• Collaborate with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) colleagues to design and implement adolescent health assessments, formative research, and input into relevant data collection and analysis plans;
• Contribute to MEL efforts, supporting documentation and dissemination of project successes, lessons learned, and results, and ensuring that learnings are used to refine tools and approaches;
• Provide accurate and timely reporting and updates on the project’s progress, challenges, and lessons learned;
• Represent the Project’s adolescent health approaches, results, and lessons learned at relevant external events, such as on local and regional technical working groups;
• Contribute to the development of work plans and budgets, quarterly and annual reports;
• Contribute to the development of knowledge products including technical briefs and reports, abstracts, presentations, and articles, and other deliverables as needed.
• Work closely with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team to monitor and evaluate the health program/services impact, capture performance and results and promote the use of data for decision-making to strengthen the program.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Masters-level degree in public health, international development, social science, or related field;
• A minimum of seven years of experience implementing adolescent health and family Planning programs designed to increase access, quality, and use of services
• Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing evidence-based health service delivery interventions for adolescents, including experience with adolescent and youth friendly health services, and RMNCAH service integration;
• Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing evidence-based community-level adolescent health interventions, including social and behaviour change communication and gender and social norms transformative efforts;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with RMNCAH technical colleagues to develop and implement comprehensive approaches for adolescents and youth;
• Strong interpersonal skills and creative problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with national MOH personnel and local and international partners;
• Familiarity with the Tanzanian health system, political, social, and cultural context;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation);
• Excellent computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office applications;
• English and Kiswahili fluency (verbal and written) required.
• Ability to travel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
How to Apply.
Please read the full details of the position at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en# and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Application closing Date: 31st March 2021