Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam- HQ, Kigoma & Songwe, Tanzania
Overall Job Function: The Administration Officers will be responsible to organize, coordinate and supervise administrative activities that facilitate timely and smooth running of the zonal teams.
- Support the administrative office processes affecting procurement, utilities, internal transport services, stock control and inventory management, reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Coordinate meetings, agendas, materials, minutes, and follow-up activities with key Project partners.
- Organizing the coordination of events, site visits, workshops, and conferences.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation for the team.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Resolve administrative problems for the project.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Maintain front desk procedures including contact information, directions and frequently requested company information.
- In collaboration with Program Staffs compile list of participants, write invitation letters and ensure its receipts and confirmation of attendance.
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that people in the trainings and meeting are paid on time.
- Preparing administration and program purchase requisitions, necessary Advance requests, Petty cash etc.
- Work hand in hand with the field team to ensure that their travel authorization is done on time and they are paid on time.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related subjects from a recognized College/University.
- Minimum three years office administrative support experience is preferred. Experience working for a health-related NGO will be an added advantage.
- Good computer skills particularly use of power point and word processing.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Be of high integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven record to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
- Self –motivation and good office management attributes.
- Reading, written, and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email removed] ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with
HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office -Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions. THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 -Uhuru TB &FP; LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implement-ed in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.