Administration and Logistics Officer
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vaca
Position: Administration and Logistics Officer (1)
Work Station: Mara Region
Reports to: Project Manager
The Job holder will be responsible to provide general administrative support, office upkeep and facility management. S/he will be responsible with supporting program logistics and transportation needs
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and review quality service delivery of outsourced services including travel and vehicle usage, cleaning and security
• Coordinate the general support services for Amref facilities including tea, photocopying, and messenger service etc.
• Coordinate the letting of Amref facilities including advertising, processing contracts, rent collection and any required follow up
• Maintain an asset register for all Amref fixed assets and project assets. All new assets to registered, tagged with Amref ID number and allocated to respective as per Amref Health Africa assets procedures by using professional way of dispatching items by using way bills.
• Provide a liaison between Amref and key suppliers of office equipment ensuring all necessary service is provided
• Supervise all security operations and systems, making appropriate recommendations where required Security assessment for Amref offices,
• Improve Safety and Security of staff, property and the office Premises
• Amref offices to be registered under OSHA and complied with OSHA regulations
• Services of fire extinguishers as required intervals
• Maintain up to date insurances for all facilities, equipment etc.
• Manage utilities including water and electricity ensuring timely payment to avoid disconnection; appropriate usage as well as alternative supply options
• Oversee building maintenance for all Amref facilities and the construction of any new buildings with the assistance of a Clerk of works
• Maintain all necessary files with regards to general office administration.
• Prepare monthly vehicles maintenance, fuel report which will include details of when, at what KM service performed, spares and cost for spares and shared with Administration Manager.
• Coordinate and allocate all vehicle requesting accordingly
• Make sure drivers are all obey transport rules and procedures as per Amref transport policy by conducting meeting with drivers.
• Routing meeting with drivers for coaching and guidance.
• Timely submit of monthly fuel payment to finance
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Minimum Education: Masters degree in Public Administration or Business Administration, Procurement and Supply Chain/Logistic Management
• General administration including facilities management and secretarial knowledge
• Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package of Word and Excel,
• Good interpersonal and people management skills with a matured and confident personality
• Possess work experience of not less than 5 years and should be competent or have worked in HIV related project for at least 3 years
• Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]