Admin Cum Logistics Coordinator
Jobs at:Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS)
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam. TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies. .
Admin Cum Logistics Coordinator
Duty Station: Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC)
Reports to: Health Coordinator and technically to Human Resources Manager
Age limit: Not above 45 years
• Compliance with and adherence to Tanzania Red Cross policies, guidance, handbooks and donor/auditor requirements for Refugee camps.
• Facilitate the support function’s strategic input to the development of the Strategy and Plan of Action.
• Provide input on operational daily activities of staff and coordinate and align operational support with program plans.
• Responsible for ensuring quality performance by all staff.
• Responsible for the strategic development of structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
• Responsible for development of new specific technical SOPs, guidelines and employees working tools
• Responsible for organizational learning related to program support.
• Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff at the refugee camp.
• Supervision of the TRCS office at the Refugee Camp.
• Implement TRCS’s financial, HR, administration and logistics systems, routines and procedures, developing SOPs in line with Tanzania Red Cross policies and procedures.
• Maintain an up-to-'date knowledge of the supply market for all TRCS supplies and services
• Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered
• Process and obtain relevant approvals for materials to be purchased in line with the existing requirements and protocols
• Provide advice on procurement issues with best practices in line with the public procurement procedures and protocols
• Responsible for the planning, support and implementation of an efficient logistics and supply chain management system for the organization in accordance with the program requirements.
• Management of data essential to make available an accurate forecast for procurement at regular intervals
• Serve as in-house resources person to provide guidance on logistics issues
• Prepare and process the local purchase orders and ensure that orders are delivered to suppliers on time
• Maintain and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded
• Coordinate shipping of procured items to TRCS regional offices
• Working closely with Storekeeper Officers to ensure all items are received and recorded in the store book ledgers before being issued
• Ensure the highest standards of probity are maintained in all purchasing activities
• Minimum bachelor degree in Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Sociology or other relevant field. • 3 years’ relevant experience from a middle management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context • Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than January 25th 2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS - HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected] .