Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
Office Premises Cleaning
• Maintain and ensure all internal and external environment are clean and well maintained.
• Prepare and serve hot and cold beverages to staff and visitors as required.
• Ensure that water of use in the building is always available and in case of shortage report for delivery to be made.
• Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the supervisor.
• Ensure the office is locked and secured after office hours.
Reception /Administration Roles
• Work as the executive assistant to Project Manager.
• Checking inventory levels and ordering new supplies in addition to keeping the records updated.
• Physical check incoming goods against purchase orders/invoices and issue GRNs; Returning damaged goods to vendors.
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment’s
• Organizing business travels, itineraries and accommodation for staffs and ensure all payments are initiated in timely manner.
• Attend to all incoming and outgoing mails
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system including retrieving documents from filing system and handle requests for information and data.
• Managing the generator and ensuring that it has enough fuel and switched on when there is electricity break down.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor (s)
• Certificate or Diploma level with at least two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Additional qualification as an administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
• Strong accountability, inter-personal skills and working collaboratively with the internal project team and non-project partners.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili language, Strong team player, creative and problem-solving skill.
• Commitment to safeguarding Policies and guidelines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree