About AfriCOVID International
Is an International Non Profit Organization established in 2020, operating in More than 6 countries in Africa (South Africa, Rwanda, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt and Zimbabwe) carrying out various COVID19 relief projects under sponsorship of USAID, John Hopkiins University and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, This COVID19 Relief project will provide Immediate & direct support for risk people of Corona virus such Grocery Food Packet, Soap, Mask, Sanitize item, Hygiene Kit support to the 2500 daily wage workers, Homeless, Street & Slum families, who lost work and earning. Also spread awareness about precaution and prevention through awareness and counseling.
We are looking for qualified Accountants to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Prepare budget forecasts
• Publish financial statements in time
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
• Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus